DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a 2/4 drop for now. Im not completely satisfied because everyone around here have lowered drops. Especially those chevys, they sit lower as it is and then with a drop kit, it makes my dodge look tall and silly. Well what would i need to look out for if i do a 4/6? Let me know guys. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm really wanting the 2/4 drop on my truck ... which kit did you go with?

Should i do the drop before i get new shocks?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Stay with what you have now Looks sharp

Lower looks weird IMHO

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To tell u honestly. I have not had the time to do that myself. I will be buying the shocks from Brian ASAP. Also I want with the McGuaghys Deluxe kit which is offered with Spindles. Buy the kit from Brian not from the company, TRUST ME, You will save money. The ride is good and cant even tell that it has been lowered. Talk to Brian, Slammed1 and he will hook u up.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Fernando I think you just answered your own question. :huh:

But honestly, I think the truck looks fine the way it is. If you want it lower, you know the person who you should talk to.

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FreeLantz said:
Fernando I think you just answered your own question. :huh:

But honestly, I think the truck looks fine the way it is. If you want it lower, you know the person who you should talk to.
Yea. .just trying to see peoples opinion.. If I should keep the 2/4 or go for the 4/6 drop.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see you have the 2/4.5 kit ... is the extra .5 necessary on the back end to make it sit level?

nevermind ... i just checked ... my rear sits 2.5" higher than the front.

A question about the install ... are there any special tools required to do the install of a drop kit? I'm really a DIY kind of guy. I'd love to give slammed1 the business (and will buy the kit from him) but i feel that you have a more personal connection to your "baby" if you work on her yourself.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
MANY MANY MANY variables to consider when going 4-6........since you havent even got the shocks yet I would hate for you to commit to a 4-6 whick REQUIRES even more parts and pieces to coincide with each other......tire height,c-notch,shocks,etc etc etc..........just think about it first!!!

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LiZrD said:
I see you have the 2/4.5 kit ... is the extra .5 necessary on the back end to make it sit level?

nevermind ... i just checked ... my rear sits 2.5" higher than the front.

Yea the truck sits perfeclty level. Just need to change shocks that way it stays like that at all times. Remember.. my truck and ur truck may not sit the same *all trucks sit differently.*

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LiZrD, if ur able to get in contact with slammed1, either to drive to his place, I would. Brian will make sure that is done right so u wont have problems in the near future. Just remember that many many guys trust him on dt.com and you will be sure that he wont do u and ur truck wrong. I say u go for it and u wont regret it!

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is about what i'm after. Took a pic of my truck on a semi level surface and did a photochop on it go obtain the height i want. check it out:

I think that's exactly what i want. Looks killer to me ... now just gotta convince the misses that it's practical :thatfunny

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
slammed1 said:
MANY MANY MANY variables to consider when going 4-6........since you havent even got the shocks yet I would hate for you to commit to a 4-6 whick REQUIRES even more parts and pieces to coincide with each other......tire height,c-notch,shocks,etc etc etc..........just think about it first!!!
I thought about it you wanna do it SLAMMED1?

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
dodgerulez04 said:
I will be buying the shocks from Brian ASAP.
We all have heard that before...

dodgerulez04 said:
Yea the truck sits perfeclty level. Just need to change shocks that way it stays like that at all times. Remember.. my truck and ur truck may not sit the same *all trucks sit differently.*
You finally admit your truck sits level...And you understand that every truck sits different, it's up about time..

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
one short of said:
I thought about it you wanna do it SLAMMED1?

I am positive that he would do the drop for you....Driving up to Brians is going to be well worth it trust me...

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
one short of said:
ROAD TRIPS ARE THE BEST JUST WISH I COULD TAKE THE TOP OFF THE TRUCK.

Tell me about it, I still need to head up there and get the rest of my stuff done...Now only if I can get some free time to get up there...

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
LiZrD said:
This is about what i'm after. Took a pic of my truck on a semi level surface and did a photochop on it go obtain the height i want. check it out:

I think that's exactly what i want. Looks killer to me ... now just gotta convince the misses that it's practical :thatfunny
The pic you posted looks more like a 3/6 drop. Brian can make it happen. He does custom drops all the time.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
LiZrD said:

Look at azj60 's gallery for a drop just like that....well.. close

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Fernando... just be careful getting more of a drop... don't want the rear to sit lower. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Am i going to have alot of problems with allignment on the front end? Or is it one of those things you just need to get right the first time? Had a jacked up allignment on my jetta and was burning through tires every 3 months. Got a bit expensive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.