DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting true duals with spintech prostreets put on my o5 hemi ram on friday would an x pipe make it louder or help performance any

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
jdetten said:
i am getting true duals with spintech prostreets put on my o5 hemi ram on friday would an x pipe make it louder or help performance any
You are going to need either an X pipe or an H pipe. I think the X pipe would have less restriction and better airflow. I would go with the X-pipe.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would there be any performance difference or sound difference between the two

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
an h-pipe (balance tube) might be a better choice on a truck because you can get more drive shaft clearance by bending the pipe into a curve so your shaft doesnt hit the pipe, an x-pipe cant be bent to make clearance for a drivesfaft if you're running true duels. and it's a highly debated issue with x and h pipes, but i work at an exhaust shop down here in louisiana and have found that h-pipes generally make the car or truck run better, h-pipes are just pressure balances anyway, equal pressure on both sides of the exhaust will make the power seem smoother and both banks of the engine will be running equally

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.