DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
5.7 HEMI
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can buy a 2011 Big Horn 1500, Black, Loaded out: Nav, 5.7L, 4" Mopar Lift, aftermarket chrome rims, 35x12.5x17 mud tires. I can have the same payment as currently paying now on a 2007 big Horn. Only problem is its for 6 yrs. (same as I have now, I have 3 more yrs on current payment). Should I pull the trigger? Sound like a good deal or not? Trying to convince the wife.

·
5.7 HEMI
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5.9% finacning

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
6 yrs of 5.9%?
no thanks, i'd rather keep my old faithful as opposed to spending that much in interest

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
I vote yes.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
Is this assuming trade in on your current truck? (Trade in value - Amount Owed = Added amount to loan or amount subtracted from loan.

Assuming you have roughly 35K on the truck, and in excellent condition, you could garner roughly 18K for the truck from the dealer. I'm obviously guessing here, but I would assume that it would leave you about 5K left on the loan. I'm also assuming that the truck in question is going for 32K. Add 5K and now your talking about financing 37K over 6 years. Grand total after financing would come to 44K.

·
5.7 HEMI
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that is with trade, has 25150 miles on it. They are giving me $1000 under payoff. Bought her new. Its in excellent condition, not a blemish on her. Total loan is $43.800.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
Total loan is 43,800 before or after financing?

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts
in 3 years your current truck will have roughly 50k based on current mileage and a guess, plus it will be paid off... weigh all options and give the decision some thought before pulling the trigger. But in the end it's your money and your decision to make.

·
5.7 HEMI
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah,that's what I am thinking about too, is how few miles it will have on it when paid off. And yes $43800 after financing. I can't decide what to do.

·
Registered
312 Posts
don't do it. If you bought the '07 new then you have the lifetime warranty. I originally went with a 6 year on my '07 (also new) but paid it off early - thanks to the Bank of Dad... keep in mind, in 2015 your 2011 truck is going to feel "old". Keep the '07 and lifetime powertrain warranty, you'll be thanking yourself in 20 years when the hemi dies and all you have to do is walk to the dealership and say "fix it" and like magic it will be fixed, and your wallet won't be any lighter...

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
Well in 3 years, your Ram will be completely yours and 6 years old w/ a little more than 50K on it. Get a new truck, in 3 years, you still have 3 years to go. Upside is, its new. Down side is, you are gonna spend around 22K more. If your good with the whole payment thing for an additional 3 years, go for it. Your getting a new 5.7L HEMI, a lift and 35's. Assume what the cost of a lift, rims tires and the extra power/torque are. 4" lift can run from $1600 on up. New rims and mud tires could run you $2000. And you could easily spend over a grand trying to get your current HEMI to match the output of the new one.

Hell I guess when I put it that way, go for it. If that's the direction you were intending to go (lift and all) then its already done with the whip of a pen. Means its money you don't have to come up with to do it yourself.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
But like someone else mentioned, you wont have a lifetime power train warranty on this one either. So you could keep the '07 for as long as Dodge exists.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
i personally would go for it in a heart beat

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
You could sell the 07 private for more than they will give you. The 11 will hold its value more than the 07. I would do it for sure, the new RAMs are very nice. I personally don't care about the payments and all that crap, you are basically starting over. Just think, in 6 years, you will have less than 50k on a way nicer truck, that will be worth way more than the 07.

·
Registered
312 Posts
But like someone else mentioned, you wont have a lifetime power train warranty on this one either. So you could keep the '07 for as long as Dodge exists.
Actually... It is backed by the government, so you could actually keep it as long as the USA exists :gr_patrio

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Think about it, 3 years of payments or 6 long years of payments. It's a complete no brainer plus your cool vanilla truck is awesome

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got a buddy that always has to have the next best thing, he'll never own anything in his life. I own my truck and I'll hold onto it. I HATE payments!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.