DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 4x4
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I've been around old Ram's. I've got 2. My trusty old Dodge Ram W250 and a rusting Dakota. But the W250 needs so much work I'll just replace it. I found a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Lamarie Short bed Extended cab. It needs these things: Transmission, fuel lines, fuel pump, water pump, dashboard, and a radio because the old one sucks. Here's the specs
Extended cab
Short bed
Magnum V8
Kiwi pearl paint
SLT Lamarie trim
Special factory paint
Manual transmission
4x4
3-inch lift
Kenda off-road tires
aftermarket camper towing package

So should I buy it?

·
Registered
823 Posts
We're all dodge nuts here. Check out what Sonnax has to offer when you get that new transmission, they have really good stuff. Even new transmissions need periodic service. I was not educated at the time I had an auto transmission and paid the price. I had a Mopar factory direct 46re that was about as good as it gets,,, unless you don't give it regular attention. I got three years out of it before it gernaded internally. Oops! I now have installed a NV 4500 5-speed with the goods and have no regrets after six or eight years. I'd start off with a steering column bushing from Rocksolidram too get things started in the right track.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're all dodge nuts here. Check out what Sonnax has to offer when you get that new transmission, they have really good stuff. Even new transmissions need periodic service. I was not educated at the time I had an auto transmission and paid the price. I had a Mopar factory direct 46re that was about as good as it gets,,, unless you don't give it regular attention. I got three years out of it before it gernaded internally. Oops! I now have installed a NV 4500 5-speed with the goods and have no regrets after six or eight years. I'd start off with a steering column bushing from Rocksolidram too get things started in the right track.
Ok I bought the truck the other day and also went to a junkyard and got a stickshift and new gauges so it wouldn't be confusing

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sounds like a cream puff! Ebay has a cup holder that mounts on the front of the center arm rest,,, a must have in my book.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a cream puff! Ebay has a cup holder that mounts on the front of the center arm rest,,, a must have in my book.
Yes. The cup holders are just too high. I did find a cup holder set like that but for the seat. I also rigged up a area in the dash for another outlet for charging my phone. And I got a new radio, one that has a CB built in, and I rigged up a graphic equalizer so I have cool visuals for looking at when I’m at a red light or on cruise control. So I did get a steal!

·
Registered
823 Posts
No ,,,I don't think that. Manuals are worth way more because they last longer and are fun to drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I did buy from a dealer and doing a edmunds trade in value tool I got around 2-3,000 and dealer was 4,000.

·
Registered
1999 Dodge Ram SLT Laramie 5.9 v8 4x4
2 Posts
I JUST bought my 1999 Dodge Ram 5.9v8 4x4 SLT Laramie just last February. It came with everything working, A/C, transmission, transaxle 4x4, heated mirrors, power windows and side mirrors, etc.
  • Bought the year 1999 truck at 145,000 miles, for $2,000.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I JUST bought my 1999 Dodge Ram 5.9v8 4x4 SLT Laramie just last February. It came with everything working, A/C, transmission, transaxle 4x4, heated mirrors, power windows and side mirrors, etc.
  • Bought the year 1999 truck at 145,000 miles, for $2,000.
Automatic?

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
299,500 miles on my gas truck. to answer your question - YES -

1 - 17 of 17 Posts