Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just noticed, in that auction that's just the part that's behind the chrome part? right? NOT actually the chrom part paint black.

can i just add that part & NOT the chrome part that sits over that & be ok...will it work?

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
nothing goes with black like black.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
#3...all black no chrome.....any where's...thats my vote

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would say #3, but you should add some black-outs on the headlights and remove the bed bars.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Either black it all, including anything else on the truck, or keep it chromed. Doesn't look right with just parts of it blacked out (on the front), looks like you just didn't get it all done yet.

Other options you did not show,

Black both inserts and leave grille surround chrome.
or
Black grille surround and leave both inserts chrome.

Truck looks good. Nice stance.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Oh yeah, you forgot option #5 on your poll,

:loud:NEVER LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!:rck:

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Black both inserts and leave grille surround chrome.
or
Black grille surround and leave both inserts chrome.

Truck looks good. Nice stance.
Either one of those sounds good....and headlight covers.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
if you do 3 get the headlights i have , black housing clear lens 1 peice , it would look awesome there like 128 bucks not bad

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
I believe you should do black with the grill inserts left shiny, so it is the opposite of my truck.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-FRONT-BLACK-BUMPER-94-02-DODGE-RAM-TRUCK-1500-2500_W0QQitemZ390081740748QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad2aeffcc&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

does anyone know if i can get that & leave the 2 chrome pieces off & it will all still bolt up right?

i hate to get another grille, i can't find one that i like except for a stock one painted black. If i don't fully black it out i'll do whats in pic 1. i like a little touch of chrome.

i bought some headlights off ebay once & I wasn't happy with them so i doubt i'll ever buy aftermarket lights again.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
NAah, leave it alone, the chrome looks good! replace the head lights. my vote.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think i found the answer. according to the pic i found...the part in this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390081740748&_trksid=p2759.l1259

is the whole bumper (blue outline), but instead of chrome its black. and the area i outlined in red is the area that shows through & on a stock bumper its chrome but on this one it will be black.

i wasn't 100% sure if i even got that bumper i'd need another part..or if the chrome that shows through was yet another extra piece...or if it would bolt on right or what.

seems like this is what i want & its all i need & that it'll bolt up correct, i will use my stock black upper pad & the new black trim cap thing (on stock trucks its the grey piece) & all the same brackets & stuff. Prolly need some new clips. I took off the air dam.

Attachments

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
blackout!

·
46RE is the DEVIL
681 Posts
Yea thats just the black bumper then you have to put all the plastic parts on it. I say paint that grill shell black and leave your inserts chrome so it goes with the wheels and emblems. And I would either ditch the bed rails or powdercoat them black.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.