Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my truck:

My issue is that I've got some factory pinstripes, and I'm not sure how it will look to put it over them. Should I peel them away and leave a gap between the pinstripes and the bed stripes? Should I just lay it over them? Should I skip it all together? I'm looking for something to give my truck a slightly more custom look to the untrained eye, and just came into my tax refund money.

I'm thinking about the kit on tintartsigns.com. (http://tintart.com/DODGE_DECALS_Dodge_Ram_1500_Complete_Decal_Kit.html) minus the R/T. I'd probably go with some kind of hemi/mopar/dodge thing on the rear stripes. Still undecided.

What do you guys think?

·
Smokin Them Tires....
670 Posts
maybe someone can photoshop it for you

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i can try to photoshop some on there later tonight ( i mean later later like 11 or 12 tonight ) but i suggest removing the pinstripe with an eraser wheel because i dont think it would look right with a bed stripe

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like the clean look myself......leave it alone?
Yeah, I guess maybe so. I can look at other people's trucks all day long and tell them what they should do, but when it comes to my own, nothing seems to fit right for less than $600. I've got Bilstein shocks and some HIDs from Twiggy coming soon, but those aren't exactly show stoppers in the looks department.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I like it.....I say go for it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i like the clean look myself......leave it alone?
I agree i like the clean look also, but you should debadge it for sure it will look sweet

·
Registered
31,160 Posts

·
RAIDER FAN
2,690 Posts
get rid of the pin stripe if your getting a bed stripe.

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
u should get some hood stripes like these. only like $30 from tintartsigns

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if I wouldn't be better off going with a 2" leveling kit up front. I'm no photoshop master (in fact I used MSPaint), but I kinda like the look of this:

I hesitate to get rid of the pinstripe all together. I think it brings in the door spears and nerf bars into a winning theme up front. The rear just looks a little plain compared to the front. It's also why I'm afraid of swapping the front or rear bumpers. The chrome just seems to flow pretty well from the rockers down when you roll in the flower pedals.

·
low n' SLOW
638 Posts
Debadge and level it for sure.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
yeah & if u get a bed stripe, i'd get flat black, imo that color looks best with that dark grey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.