DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if B&M or hurst make a short throw shifter for a manual tranny 3rd generation ram? I have an 04 4x4 4.7 5 speed

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hurst makes a short shifter for the Dakota's running the NV3500 tranny. I've got it in my 04, and it's much nicer then stock. The only real downside is that it sits more to the center of the cab, and you have to reach a bit more for 5th gear. I got mine at Summit Racing, part number HUU-3910155.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
grpAF_4.7 said:
Hurst makes a short shifter for the Dakota's running the NV3500 tranny. I've got it in my 04, and it's much nicer then stock. The only real downside is that it sits more to the center of the cab, and you have to reach a bit more for 5th gear. I got mine at Summit Racing, part number HUU-3910155.
Just wanted to say I also have the same one and my thoughts are the same on how I like it.

One idea I've been throwing around is the stick from an SRT-10 Ram. Now that we have the Hurst mechanism, that shifter rod would bolt right up to ours. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I would love to have a 6-speed and the new 6.1L Hemi . . .

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could you guys please post a picture of it. Maybee from sitting in the drivers seat. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.