DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I have driven my truck for 15 minutes or more something goes wrong.
After driving it I then shut it off, come back to the truck up to an hour later it will due the things below.
Any change in the electrical current (open the door and the interior light comes on) unlock the truck with the keyless. The relays in fuse box go crazy, horn begins to chirp, wind shield wipers start moving without being turned on, and the tail lights start flickering.
Does anyone have any ideas?

2002 Ram 4X4 Q/C
3.92 gears
33x12.5
Brush guard
43,000 miles

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like Gremlins!

Could be a problem with your cluster. search cluster problems, there have been many posts similar but eventually all the item you mentioned shorting will stop working altogether. good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Now most of the relay fuses in the fuse box go on and off repeatedly for 5 minutes after I turn the truck off.

Thanks for any help :help:

2002 Ram 4X4 Q/C
3.92 gears
33x12.5
Brush guard
43,000 miles

·
Registered
240 Posts
The word short is used often when something does not work in an electrical system etc.

Shorts are usualy followed by a burning of a fuse or melting of wire for the most part.

I dont know on the ram but on the srt under the dash there is a small box which controls the doors the wipers and other delay items (lights too i think) etc. This is also the receiver for the remote. So i think that box is acting up on you. I use to sell alarms for the srt4 with wiring instructions. Ill see if i can find a picture of that lil box.

·
They bend 'em, I mend 'em
321 Posts
How much was the damage and how long to replace it?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
That's funny exhaust,

I thought the same thing when I just read the post.

When guys are not comfortable around wiring and circuits, any problem is called a short.

Even when it comes to modular circuits with solid state components.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.