DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I've asked a few times about the part# for the short belt with no success, so......feel free to chime in if you know it. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
What is the short belt for? What does it do for you?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It bypasses the power steering and air conditioning.

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
Here is an excerpt from another board.... in response to my request for info a few days ago: From
I've not had any luck finding the Dayco 535K7 price. Have managed to come up with a Gates/Napa number of 25-060529 (53.5 inches /1360mm x 6 ribs) which is about $22.00 in this area. The NAPA catalog doesn't show a 7 rib in the same length.

that was from Jsrunnluss over on VD

TJ

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Im not too sure if I understand that post. What does it all mean. Me no smart, me like to be learned.

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
Dayco 535K7
Gates/Napa 25-060529
the 2 above listed belts are 6 rib and are of the length that should work for the short belt mod...

TJ

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
sawcut64 said:
It bypasses the power steering and air conditioning.
The engine uses horsepower to spin the accessories.
By using a shorter belt that bypasses the accessories you will see approximately 9 additional rear wheel horse power since the engine does not have to expend the energy needed to spin the accessory pulleys.
This is a great track mod and has been done for years.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Does anyone have an actual photo of the belt installed on their truck? I have seen Mr. Dookie's drawing, but I am just not visualizing.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
helo-pilot said:
Does anyone have an actual photo of the belt installed on their truck? I have seen Mr. Dookie's drawing, but I am just not visualizing.
I will take pics of mine when I test fit it this week

·
Registered
356 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Im not too sure if I understand that post. What does it all mean. Me no smart, me like to be learned.
go to your local auto store and ask for a six rib 54in belt...if they dont have 54 (like i couldnt get) 53in will work just fine...

...ill try to get pics up if Hemi cant

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought it by passed the air also....and who the h*ll is Mr. Dookie or do I really want to know?

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
Yea.... where is the power steering pulley???

TJ

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
sawcut64 said:
I thought it by passed the air also....and who the h*ll is Mr. Dookie or do I really want to know?
The one I have bypasses the AC and P/S. Mr. Dookie was a member on DTW. He was the first QC to run 12's.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HEMI450HP said:
The one I have bypasses the AC and P/S. Mr. Dookie was a member on DTW. He was the first QC to run 12's.
Impressive to run 12's especially with a QC, I assume a crap load of nitrous. Is that name for real? Dookie was we called taking a crap when we were kids....

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.