DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a shop to install a drop kit. Does anyone know of a ny shops down here? Besides Speed and Truck World....

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Try Modified Motorsports in Ft. Myers. Thet is if you want to drive that far.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot all about Cali Customs...

Im waiting on a "Custom Quote" from them now. If they cant help me, I will be contacting Modified Motorsports. That ride will help me evaluated the kit on the way back.

·
MOPAR OR NO CAR
674 Posts
How far south are ya?

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is also Custom Truck Shop that is about a mile away from speed and truck world, it is also in Port St. Lucie. Its on village green drive two stop lights south of speed and truck. I can get you a phone number if you need it.

In Fort Pierce there is Bobby's 4x4, it use to be mainly a 4x4 shop but in the past few years he has been doing alot of custom work, including drops.

Then in Daytona Beach there is Volusia Customs (its actually in Holly Hill not Daytona) he is also a 4x4 shop that does alot of custom lift and lowering work. When I had my other truck in his shop he was working on two body dropped and bagged trucks.

Oh and further south of Port St Lucie, in Palm City just off of the turnpike on state road 714, is Extreme truck & trailer Performance, they do everything from lifts to sport cars, drag cars, drop and everything in between. They do some amazing work.

You will probably have trouble finding phone numbers for some of these shops, so if you need phone numbers, name, addresses, let me know and I can get you in contact with people at any of these shops. I have personaly delt with all of the shops that I listed and would recommend all of them to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is a picture of my dodge.

and here is a few pictures of my ranger that volusia customs worked on.

He is some other pictures of it before the final lift (that actually lowered the truck) and getting teh 4x4 hooked up be volusia customs.

the other white ranger was built by bobby's 4x4 in fort pierce

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FastEd1500 said:
What size drop are you getting??? Let me know what they quote you, i might be interested as well..
4/6 from S1S. Cali Customs also sales the same kit, but they cant match his prices. Still waiting on a quote though. It seems like they're playing the same trick Speed and Buck World did. "If its not bought here, we cant install it." But I also met up with a friend of mine that works for Ideal. He's saying $250!

Devster said:
How far south are ya?
Fort Lauderdale

ERAUCivilEng said:
You will probably have trouble finding phone numbers for some of these shops, so if you need phone numbers, name, addresses, let me know.
Thanks bro, I'll kyp.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Big Boi said:
4/6 from S1S. Cali Customs also sales the same kit, but they cant match his prices. Still waiting on a quote though. It seems like they're playing the same trick Speed and Buck World did. "If its not bought here, we cant install it." But I also met up with a friend of mine that works for Ideal. He's saying $250!

Fort Lauderdale

Thanks bro, I'll kyp.

i have a 4/6 from slammed1 also for my '06 1500 HEMI. did you ever find a place? ive had my suspension sitting on my garage floor for like 3-4 months now. i live in ft laud also (in Lauderhill).

I'm looking forward to getting my drop kit installed, just want a place i can trust at a price thats not an a$$ rape.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
None! Every shop wanted me to buy their kit. They wouldn't install a kit that wasn't purchased from them. But I asked around, and I get the numbers from some guys that will do it on the side. One guys is in Port Saint Lucie, and was one of the builders on the Biker Build Off. He used to work for Thunder Cycles on Sunrise Blvd.

·
Registered
253 Posts
dayum!

i have a buddy who lives right off the turnpike exit in Port St. Loozer. I'd hate to drive all the way up there tho.. and i don't think this is something that could be finished in one day is it?

thunder cycles... that was that trotta guy right? eddie trotta or something like that?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats the one. The guy used to work for him. Then he decided to open up his own shop up there. I was making a delivery to him that day. And asked him about the tricked F350 that was sitting out front. Turns out it was his, he did all the work. And offered to do my drop. He was building a custom bike for Lil' John at the time.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in North Lauderdale

·
Registered
253 Posts
cool. thanks for all your input on this. i'm glad i did a search before starting the same exact thread you did haha.

although, you do realize, we can never be friends. :D

:rck:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol

·
Master Baiter
661 Posts
Fort Lauderdale in the house :rck:

LOL :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
FTL baby! haha

Hey, i found a place.. a nice reputable shop too!!! my truck is there now, i'll post pics/updates of the work/service when it's completed.

http://www.calcustoms.com/

They've done drops on a few trucks at the track i ride at. They come highly recommended and have been around for a while. Their shop is a nice little standalone building too (not some warehouse crammed into a warehouse strip, etc)

For my 4/6 + bags, he quoted me $800 + $100 for alignment. It's probably not the cheapest place in town, but his shop came highly recommended, so, we'll see how it turns out.

Shops in South Florida Located! woohoo!

He's also a McGaughy's dealer, FYI.

i'll go ahead and put up a "before" pic:

·
Large consumer of rice
137 Posts
yamasaki said:
cool. thanks for all your input on this. i'm glad i did a search before starting the same exact thread you did haha.

although, you do realize, we can never be friends. :D

:rck:

hell yea!

CHOMP CHOMP

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.