DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night I went to Wal-Mart with my gf and while I was inside the store a f****** cart hit my truck in the front quarter panel where the hemi emblem used to be. Now I have a dent about the size of a golf ball in the side of my truck and when ever I look at my truck that is all that I see and it makes me fill sick. Is there any way to get it out with out taking it to the body shop, I have heard of using a hair dryer and ice but I have never tried it and not sure if it works.

· Registered
940 Posts
chances are ur gonna need to find a paintless dent removal place. I had that happen to me about 6 months ago on the rear passenger side panel. It was big and was even dented on the crease. 100 bucks later, it's just a memory now. the guy did an awesome job at getting it out. check to see if you have a dent wizards or some such company in your area. 100 bucks very well worth spent to me.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
stevearino said:
chances are ur gonna need to find a paintless dent removal place. I had that happen to me about 6 months ago on the rear passenger side panel. It was big and was even dented on the crease. 100 bucks later, it's just a memory now. the guy did an awesome job at getting it out. check to see if you have a dent wizards or some such company in your area. 100 bucks very well worth spent to me.
I agree - paintless dent removal (PDR) worked flawlessly for me. I had a similar problem with a shopping cart and for $75.00 he popped it out perfectly. As long as your paint is not scratched to the basecoat or deeper it will work great.

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
I had a Home Depot lumber cart hit and mark my F-250 PS C/C from the front fender to the tail-light. I did an insurance claim and it only cost me $150 bucks but still, it real got my goat seeing that heavy mark on the side of my truck.

· Registered
593 Posts
I was surprised that the Paintless dent guy could get out even the real small dents, the kind you have to see at an angle and have the light be right. Go PDR. You could put the badge back on.

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have to see if there is anywhere around that can remove the dent for me. I just hate to look at my truck now and see the dent there. If my truck still had the HEMI badges on it there probably wouldn't have dented it guess I will have to buy some new ones to put back on.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts

· "Feel the pump!"
57 Posts
:werd: +1 for paintless dent removal. I had someone sling their car door open into my truck and put a big crease right in the door, and to make it worse it was in a factory crease (if that makes sense!). 45$ and about 3 minutes later and it was gone, just amazing! If you are having trouble finding one, try calling the dealerships, I don't know about where you live but up here most of the dealerships have a one day a week where someone like the Dentwizard comes for a day and does their vehicles and most of the time they will do others too for a fee, around here it is about 100$ per body panel. Just an idea. I found my guy by asking a local bodyshop. Its ashame some people have such disregard for others belongings. It isn't safe to park anywhere anymore. I park in the back everywhere I go and still find myself giving my truck a once over when I get back to it. :dunno:
anyway, Good Luck!

· Registered
178 Posts
Jeez, I feel your pain. Whenever I park in a well travelled parking lot, I feel like the guy in those old VW commercials....parking WAAAAY out in left field, just so things like that don't happen to me. I'm got a few dings and scrapes already, not too happy about it....

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
that sucks....just put the hemi badges back on. Looks better anyway(of courese that's only my opinion)

· Registered
244 Posts
Another vote for PDR. Around here, it's about $50 per dent. Well worth it.

Donnie

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
cruceno2001 said:
Jeez, I feel your pain. Whenever I park in a well travelled parking lot, I feel like the guy in those old VW commercials....parking WAAAAY out in left field, just so things like that don't happen to me. I'm got a few dings and scrapes already, not too happy about it....
The only problem with parking out in the middle-of-no-where, you’ve put your car or truck far enough away from the store that the store’s cameras and personal can’t see or hear it. There has been a rash of stolen trucks and SUV’s here in El Paso in the areas that are not close to the store. The reports say that a three or four man group drives into a lot they have cased-out. Restaurants, stores, apartments, and people going to the gym are the favorite targets because the thieves know you’ll be gone for 30 or more minutes; when in fact, your vehicle drove away in one or two minutes after you parked it. My next door neighbor was hit when she met a friend for lunch. When she pulled in, she parked on the side of the restaurant and two parking spots over she saw a truck with three men in it. At the time, she didn’t think anything of it but thought it was odd. They got her new Chevy Tahoe, her check book, the garage door opener, her Teacher School ID, and keys that were in the center console. The restaurant where she meets her friend is minutes from the Mexican border and the local PD believes her SUV was over the border before she was even seated for lunch. The insurance settled with her but it cost her thousands but the SUV was only two months old. She now drives a little Chevy cute-ute that’s half the size and half the vehicle. The Tahoe was her retirement present to herself and now she stuck with the half-pint thing for the rest of her days. So be careful where you park, what you keep inside the vehicle, and get an alarm that disables the fuel and ignition systems.

· Registered
217 Posts
Someone threw a shopping cart across several isles at Wal-Mart into my truck. I found the cart wrecked up against the driver side front door and front fender.
I thought ut oh, there is going to be a murder. And I don't know where I am going to rent a wood chipper at that time of night for the body.

When I went and inspected the damage, there wasn't a single mark. It probably helped that my truck is covered in Line-X.

Line-X saves scumbags life.

Attachments

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
Zzyzx said:
Someone threw a shopping cart across several isles at Wal-Mart into my truck. I found the cart wrecked up against the driver side front door and front fender.
I thought ut oh, there is going to be a murder. And I don't know where I am going to rent a wood chipper at that time of night for the body.

When I went and inspected the damage, there wasn't a single mark. It probably helped that my truck is covered in Line-X.

Line-X saves scumbags life.
Sorry man - especially to such an amazing truck as yours. Walmart really does suck, buit I have heard many of them have survelence cameras. I wonder if the police could get access to them?

· Registered
3,064 Posts
Well i was at safeway,and while i was unloading my cart,i turned around and it was gone.
luckily it hit another car about 15 feet away.LOLOL.
No seriously,i waited till she came out,and we both went into safeway,and i explained the story.
Safeway repaired the damage.

They asked me to pay for it,and i said because of the grade in the parking lot,it was there fault.
End of story.
Walmart will have insurance,go talk to them.

· Registered
217 Posts
It was a no-issue for me. The Line-X prevented any denting, scuffing or damage what-so-ever. The only way I knew where it hit was it cleaned the dirt off in that spot.
However, this is a problem with parking away from anyone. You risk a cart building up enough speed to do some real damage.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
Zzyzx said:
It was a no-issue for me. The Line-X prevented any denting, scuffing or damage what-so-ever. The only way I knew where it hit was it cleaned the dirt off in that spot.
However, this is a problem with parking away from anyone. You risk a cart building up enough speed to do some real damage.
Yea, but it would still be nice to hold whoever did it accountable for TRYING to damage your truck since they will probably just do it again to the next guy who parks out there.

· Registered
3,064 Posts
I find that most guys respect other guys rides.
When i park 50 feet from other cars theres always another truck close to mine when i come out.
But theres always someone there who has 10 scraps on there car,all different colrors of paint on it,those are the people who decide to do something stupid,like shove a cart into someones nice ride.
Forget the insurance,just imagine catching the guy doing it.
Take it easy.Grant
Cheers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.