DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Club Cab 97 1500 4x4 5.9L. When I hit a series of bumps it hops and almost shakes me off the road sometimes. When I put pressure on one side of the rear bumper it wobbles back and forth 4 or 5 times. Is this worn shocks? If so, can you recommend some good bang for the buck shocks? I cant afford (cant justify?) Billsteins as all I do is pretty much highway driving.
I'm just looking for a good solid shock for a fair price.
Thx!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got a lift for my truck and now the rear end hops off speedbumps like no other. To much rebound. It also does the same when i push it on one side it wobbles alot.

except with a little weight, like a 400 lb quad and 300 lbs of wood it doesnt do ayn of that.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts

·
retrogrouch
357 Posts
Billsteins are't that expensive if you factor in how long they will last and how good they work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so it made a big difference? how much do a set of those run?

·
Ty
74 Posts
They were $44 and $42 each. (Can't remember which were front and back) I found them in the $30's on the net, but I like to support the guys here in town. I had feathering wear on the out side edges of my tires and I had a lot of jittery hopping. "Big difference", I doubt it, but they did help solve my problems. I still bottom out on the new rolling speed bumps, but I think that is do to the springs. I'm gunna call Nextel and get some of those spring rubbers that Jr. uses. (Or I'll just get new springs.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.