DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was planning on doing a torsion bar crank to level out and installing a set of rough country shocks. I'm pretty sure I've got the t-bar thing convered, but I'm a little unsure of the shocks. I think I can figure it out but if anyone has any good advice, pointers, or even a thread with instructions, anything would be helpful.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a set of Bilstein BE5-2550-H1 rear shocks for sale which are a direct replacements for the rear that I used for about two weeks all on highway . The mates for the fronts are Bilstein BE5-6928-H6 or HO ( I can`t read my own writing but I think H6 ) . I`ll sell ya the set of rears for $100.00 plus S&H you`ll have to hunt up a pair of fronts which is easy enough .These shocks are said to be for 0-2" lift .

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Front: BE5-6928-H0
Rear: BE5-2550-H1

I would get longer front shocks as I believe I bottom out the front shocks. I am not sure about the part number, but a search may bring it up. I got mine (front and rear) brand new for 240 shipped....do some shopping around.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
from the ground to top of fender opening above tire, is at 40 1/2" with tbar crank, and im useing Bilstein stock replacents front and rear, and they do great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any one have any advice on the actual install of the shocks, or maybe areas where they might have ran into problems.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
pretty easy, front being the easiet, just make sure ya put an allen wrench in the while on top of the shock to keep it froom moving, when undoing the nut.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
no problem, glad to help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok now i have run into real trouble. JC whitney sent me a set of tuff country shocks, that they claimed were for my 2002 4x4 ram 1500 with 2" of lift (in the front). They definately didn't fit. When i called them they said they did'nt carry the shock i needed. Than I called top gun customz and got a very similar response. They only had shocks for a 0-1" lift and a 4-6" lift. Can somebody help me out and let me know what shocks i should get and where to get them from. I don't really care who makes the shocks i just want them to fit.

·
"THE SIX SHOOTER"
79 Posts
I just did the same thing, t bar crank. and new shocks. I got the Ranchos RS 5000 from summit racing and they are GREAT!

part#s

Front: RS5283
Rear: RS5274

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. It looks like rancho is what its gonna be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.