DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a 97 ram 1500, with a 5" suspension skyjacker lift, dual shocks, double flex. I have had problems with a real bad shimmy since the day I installed my lift, even with the factory wheels and tires. I have had 3 sets of tires on, replaced all 8 hiem joints and installed a dual steering stabilizer, and still haven't solved my problem, it happens around 35 through 50mph. I now think it has something to do with the pinion angle on the front axle. I am in the process of moving my upper and lower links in and out little by little to see if this helps. Does anyone know the length of the factory upper and lower arms, or what I might be able to do to solve my problem any info on this would be great, the shimmy is so bad you can barely keep it on the road and I cant keep my exhaust hangers from breaking.

Thanks
Paul

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Did you have it aligned afterwards? Pinion angle wont cause the shimmy since the front shaft isnt spinning you could have your caster screwed up

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I did have it aligned. I am not 100% sure, but I do believe the front axle does spin all the time. since I changed out the heim joints and have been messing around with the links I will have it aligned again

Paul

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the alignment doesn't work, do you or anyone else have any other suggestions.

Thanks
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.