DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a clue why this happens.It just started doing it on my truck,every now and then.When I turn the truck at full lock a hear a clunk and when I turn it the oppisite I hear it again.After that it doesn't do it anymore.I had someone turn the wheel and saw the bracket was shifting.Is this a sign of deathwobble?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It can lead to a very nasty shakey wheel, you need to impact the crap out of the bolt that goes through the original track bar hole and the other one that goes upwards towards the engine computer on the engine crossmember. The 100% garranteed fix is welding it, but most cringe at the thought.

They can get loose from time to time, just because its the main support for your track bar.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Back when I was getting DW,I was talking to Don Thuren and he says to weld the trackbar drop bracket,
This is what he said to me,via e-mail
"Trackbar drop brackets see so much load, I've yet to see a bolt on one that didn't shift after about 5,000 miles of use".

All I did was buy new tires and the Death Wobble went away,shortly after I up-graded to Don Thurens sterring stabilizer(big improvement).But I have not welded my TDB,I do check the bolts every so often.

Maybe give him a call,to better explain it.
805-866-9250

http://www.thurenfabrication.com/contact.html

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
It can lead to a very nasty shakey wheel, you need to impact the crap out of the bolt that goes through the original track bar hole and the other one that goes upwards towards the engine computer on the engine crossmember. The 100% garranteed fix is welding it, but most cringe at the thought.

They can get loose from time to time, just because its the main support for your track bar.

I agree with the cringe at the thought....:D

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have thought about having it welded but I am not sure if I will be keeping the lift.I will try replacing the Nuts and Bolts since they could have probably flexed a bit.THanks alot for the info :) :tup:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Yep i've got the same thing, it's so weird, it was happening a lot for a few days, and haven't heard it for quite some time now. I would just loctite it.

·
warlock06
551 Posts
dont be scared, WELD IT, you really only need to weld one side, easily reached for welding and grinding( if you need to remove) on the front side around the bottom, where it is rounded....the through bolt on the stock hole, just tighten the crap out of everything first, trust me , im a welding engineer for a living , your not going to hurt your truck with this little amount>>>>>

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
its not a sign of death wobble, but could definitely contribute to those symptoms. do you have a 1500 or 2500"?

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
yeah, i had issues with my track bar bracket. at least a grade 8 bolt and a long bar for torque and my issues were solved. i was also advised to weld....but i cant do that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.