DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on my 91 4x4 dak with a 2" body lift. I needed to didconect the boot because it wouldn't go into all the gears. It works fine now but I want to put the boot back on.

Also what about lifting the bumpers to match? I remember something about flipping the mounts on the front?? What did you guys do? drip new holes?

Man it looks good now! The 31's look and fit perfect now... Next upgrades are: modifying the t-bar keys, skid plate, detailing, raising the bumpers, and removing the plastic piece under the front bumper.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Great! I'm glad you got it up where it belongs! ;) Not sure what to tell ya about the boot though.. mine worked alright when it was lifted. </shrug>

As far as the bumpers, I just lifted the bumper up to where I wanted it (I chose to only lift the bumper up 1.75 inches instead of the whole 2.. it just worked well IMO), marked and drilled new holes, and eliminated the side support braces for the bumper

You won't be sorry that you got rid of the air dam either. Its such a nicer look once the body lift is on, without it hanging down.

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I can't wait to get the bumper lifted this weekend... I plan to make a aluminum sheet skidplate going from under the front bumper to under the front axles, and eventually another plate under the trans and t-case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.