DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What shift Kit should I have installed in my tranny ?

The shop called me and the tranny guy said the full shift kit would be too much for my engine and would cause it to shift too rough. So he suggested installing the Jr kit ?

With the word Junior it does not sound promising...

Does anyone have experience on this one ?

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beauty, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Plus, I called the tranny shop once again and they explainied again the difference in the kits. So this is the kit for me. I know it is not difficult to install the shift kit. But, ny tranny was screwed and needed a rebuild. I wouldn't have brought it to a shop to have it done if all that was happening was a kit.

They are also putting in beefier drums and clutches and hardened sleeves. I had told them my plans for world domination, so I said go to town.

I am also throwing in some 4.10 gears at the same time, along with new tranny cooler and lines.

I had better be able to lay some scratch after this huge expense, $3000.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
If you want more details for the TFOD-jr try this link www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132192
The Superior kit has a 3-4 accumulator blocker and a stronger kickdown band link... I suspect the non "jr" transgo kit is similar here. Also I have seen at least 1 post were tactransman suggested using the big 3-4 accumulator spring with the old regulator spring rather than the 3-4 blocker for a firm shift.

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am getting excited ! ! !

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I will have to wait one more day. They did not get one part for the tranny today they are expecting it to come in tomorrow. The suspense is killing me. As much as I like the rental I miss the sound of my exhaust...vroom vroom (some self amusement)

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the work is done. I do have to say I like the gears. The pick up and go is much better. I wish the roads were dry to see if I can lay some scratch. I do know that it is easy to light up the tires on wet pavement.

RPM at 60mph is at 1800 in OD. I am not sure if they corrected the speedo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.