DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my truck since 03 142000 mi on it not a thing wrong..
here latley i have seen little dents in my cooling system behind the grill. eather from small rocks or big ass bugs. does any one know af a sheild for this?

thanks jeff

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Jeff, welcome to Dodge Talk. I dont know of anything off hand to keep the veins on your cooling systems free from damage or debris. I would caution that blocking or restricting air flow to your cooling system would have far more detriment that a few bent veins or bugs. Again, welcome to the best Dodge site on the net. Steve

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Change the grill.... Buy one that has a tighter weave, or minimal spaced billet than the stocker.

·
DirtRunner TreeDragger
895 Posts
I used stainless steel mesh behind my grill.
cut to size and wired to grill.
very easy to clean.
For sure stopped a rock from going into the rad. , it dented the mesh and I straightened it out easy too.
and it looks great, cost $30.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Wire some screen material of the metal sorts behind the grill, it still allows air flow and catch 99% of bugs or rock coming at you, but will have to clean it more often to keep air flow.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I have never in my life had a radiator go bad because of bent fins.

·
Average Guy
2,628 Posts
Me either but I live in Love Bug Hell 4 months out of the year and that's a pretty good idea. I may do that with metal screen mesh so that when I install the Hellas it won't melt the screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.