DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my truck back from the body shop yesterday. The roll pan looks good on the back too. I was thinking about shaving the tailgate handle but do want to shave the door handles cuz I do not the way quad cabs look with shaved doors. Should I just paint all of them so they match or what?? Thanks
Eric

I will post pics of my truck when I get home from work later tonight

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i would paint paint the door handles and mirrors and shave the tailgate handle

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know of any kits made for our trucks?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sir Michaels makes a tailgate handle relocator. Got mine for $46.99 Sales person on the phone said it would be flush mounted, turns out the handle is not flush, so I just used the filler plate. I'm going see if I can fabricate a flush handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K, you just confused me. You mean the inside handle was supposed to be flush but wasn't? How good was the fuller plate on the outside of the tailgate?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Over the phone the guy told me the handle will be mounted flush but I guess he made a mistake, may have been thinking about another kit. The filler plate was a great fit. I got quotes for $600 and $575 to shave the tailgate handle. I found a body shop 8 miles from my house and paid $400.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the new handle have to flush inside the bed, or just personal preference?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The need for a flush mounted handle was due to my bed slider. With the tailgate down and the handle protruding up, I would not be able to roll my slider out from the bed. So it is really up to you how you want the handle to look.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
The only 2 kits I know of are Sir Michaels and I think FBI makes one. On both of them the handle sits on a lip and protrudes a bit. The FBI one has a nicer looking handle plate though. Someone posted pics of theirs recently. They have a black quadcab.

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is a good link thanks. I think that I am gonna order the FBI one since it replaces the whole panel inside the tailgate

·
wish I had a cam
445 Posts
Dont know much about the FBI kit, but have the Sir Michaels kit and was a snap to install.I had no probs whatsoever and little experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.