DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys here's a video I made, please excuse the piss poor quality of my ancient camcorder and funky-azzed software. The runs were on the street with my Mickey Thompson 295/45/17 DR's.....traction SUCKED!! By the last full throttle run I was getting irritated. I'm giving serious thought to running down to Best Buy and upgrading that POS camera of mine. Anyway It doesn't really translate well, I will try to do the same thing at the strip where traction is good so everyone gets a better idea. You can kind of see how it shifts by the way the camera jerks back a little with half throttle shifts....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2zA9AZDWtM

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Sweet!

I need to find away to justify this to my wife.

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
Thanks for posting up the vid dude....

I just found my next Performance mod....lol

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
Yes sir! thats good shit rite there. And damn Sam you got a leash for that beast??

·
Registered
652 Posts
so how much did you pay for that kit? it is almost time for me to change my trans fluid and this could be done at the same time.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ddgoose69 said:
so how much did you pay for that kit? it is almost time for me to change my trans fluid and this could be done at the same time.
The valve body both stage 2 and 3 are $325, not sure if that includes shipping, and a core charge for your old valve body. If you can have the truck down for a few days, you can yank out your old one and ship it to them, then they can send you the Stage 3....that way you bypass the core charge part.
slvrmagnum said:
man, those shifts are nice and quick... how hard are the shifts with normal driving?
Under part throttle just bit harder then stock, but half throttle is pretty hard. WOT is VERY HARD, something you'll feel more at the strip with DR's and traction more then on the street.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
06ramhemi said:
Yes sir! thats good shit rite there. And damn Sam you got a leash for that beast??
It feels like it's leashed right now!! Was going to install the converter today but I came down sick with something nasty. I even jacked it up and crawled underneath, nope ain't gonna lay on my back in 30 degree weather sick. So I got a friend with a lift that is going to do it for cheap Saturday. Sick or not I'll be at the strip Sunday, hopefully that and the 216 will make it feel more beastly.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One other thing I kept calling it a shift kit in the video, just to clarify, it's a Stage 3 Valve Body not just a shift kit.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
good question

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hafftrak said:
Would the Stage 3 be too harsh for towing?
I have no idea, something the guys at Sharadon will chime in and let us know I'm sure. I do know there isn't supposed to be any adverse side affects to our trannys with this mod.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Nice shifts. If I ever get enough money that'll be my next mod.
Looks like you need to do some work on your suspension. Set up right you should not be having that much traction problems with the MT 295's on there.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
proudhemi said:
Nice shifts. If I ever get enough money that'll be my next mod.
Looks like you need to do some work on your suspension. Set up right you should not be having that much traction problems with the MT 295's on there.
Probably due to cold pavement and cold tires, it's in the 30's here today. Curious to see how my 20" street tires react to the valve body.

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
sawcut64 said:
It feels like it's leashed right now!! Was going to install the converter today but I came down sick with something nasty. I even jacked it up and crawled underneath, nope ain't gonna lay on my back in 30 degree weather sick. So I got a friend with a lift that is going to do it for cheap Saturday. Sick or not I'll be at the strip Sunday, hopefully that and the 216 will make it feel more beastly.
sweet Sam so whens the 216 goin in?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
06ramhemi said:
sweet Sam so whens the 216 goin in?
Probably not till the end of January sometime, I have cam install for someone(216 too) the weekend of the 5th then gone out of town the weekend after.

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
sawcut64 said:
Probably not till the end of January sometime, I have cam install for someone(216 too) the weekend of the 5th then gone out of town the weekend after.
hows that chicken noodle soup??

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
06ramhemi said:
hows that chicken noodle soup??
My brains a little cloudy today, you'll have to explain that one!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.