DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got my lazy azz out there and installed it today along with the resistor from the shift kit(thanks Randy). My initial impressions were HOLY CRAP this thing shifts hard!! Especially the 2-3 shift and downshifts, the 1-2 shift feels hard but I definitely like it, reminds me of my old Road Runners with shift kits!! After about 50 cycles through the gears the 2-3 shift just feels somewhat harder then stock along with the downshift, the 1-2 shift however still feels hard!!! LOVE that 1-2 shift!!!! Anyway I'll get some miles on her this week and hit the track Sunday to see what she gives. Here's a few pics, the circles are where the solenoid has to be removed from the old one and installed on the new one. I've installed a couple shift kits and this is easier to do then those, and if the shifting stays like it is now I'm extremely happy with it!! :rck: :rck: :rck:

Attachments

·
Garaged
4,323 Posts
Welcome to the Sharadon Stage III Valve Body Club. :)

PH

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
It takes awhile for the 2-3 shift to settle down, but your 1-2 shifts should remain close to the same after your pcm starts to learn what is going on with the new shift schedule.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Awesome! :rck:

KB

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rumblin_hemi said:
if your holding a glass when it shifts under normal driving will it spill the drink
2-3 shift you won't spill a drop, 1-2....set your drink down first!!! :D It's the way a performance auto SHOULD shift!!! :rck:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
sca said:
$325 shipped.

Sam.. The 2-3 can be a bit ruff at first. Sounds like it already settled down for you. That's good. As Jerry said. the 1-2 should remain the same.

As you said the 2-3 is a bit better then stock under part throttle. But when you are WOT. It will be better, Should pick up a little ET.

With the little drive time I have on Matts truck. His trans is going through the same deal. We have to warn everyone that get's a trans or valvebody about it

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SharaDon said:
$325 shipped.

Sam.. The 2-3 can be a bit ruff at first. Sounds like it already settled down for you. That's good. As Jerry said. the 1-2 should remain the same.

As you said the 2-3 is a bit better then stock under part throttle. But when you are WOT. It will be better, Should pick up a little ET.

With the little drive time I have on Matts truck. His trans is going through the same deal. We have to warn everyone that get's a trans or valvebody about it
You also have to warn them about uncontrollable giggling.....just couldn't stop myself every time it shifted into 2nd!! :D

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
sawcut64 said:
You also have to warn them about uncontrollable giggling.....just couldn't stop myself every time it shifted into 2nd!! :D
Your on your own with that. LOL

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
definatly my next mod no doubt. Sam when the heads goin on??

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I would love to ride in somones truck that has the stage three before i would buy it because i like my truck to ride smooth up until i get on it! What do yall think about the stage 2 is it worth it? Correct me if im wrong but the whole valve body change does not go along with a trans go shift kit right? the valve body switch is a way better upgrade than the shift kit right?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
06ramhemi said:
definatly my next mod no doubt. Sam when the heads goin on??
The heads are on and I dropped a couple tenths, but I really need a bigger cam to fully utilize them then the 6.1.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
05_ram_1500 said:
I would love to ride in somones truck that has the stage three before i would buy it because i like my truck to ride smooth up until i get on it! What do yall think about the stage 2 is it worth it? Correct me if im wrong but the whole valve body change does not go along with a trans go shift kit right? the valve body switch is a way better upgrade than the shift kit right?
If you want a super smooth shift then this isn't for you, definitely a nice hard shift...not sure about the Stage 2.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
sawcut64 said:
If you want a super smooth shift then this isn't for you, definitely a nice hard shift...not sure about the Stage 2.
maybe not, well when i get back i'll try and see if theres someone around me with it that will give me a ride. I have plenty of time to decide, i'm just on modding frenzy right now!

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
Is the Stage 3 VB something that can be installed on a Stock tranny safely? Or will it just cause the tranny to fail since it isnt beefed up...

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DodgeThisHemi said:
Is the Stage 3 VB something that can be installed on a Stock tranny safely? Or will it just cause the tranny to fail since it isnt beefed up...
Nope it's fine with a stock tranny, mines stock.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.