DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I own a 2005 Dodge Magnum, and it shudders horribly when going 55 to 60, so we took it in to the dealer, they changed out the tranny fluids and replaced the tranny seals, this did it for a week then it did it again, second time in to dealer they said spark plug and a module were burnt, this did it for a week now its doing it again and the check engine light has come on the first time and now again. can anyone please help us. thanks :huh:

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Whoa!!! Um, *ahem*...sorry. ;)

First of all: WELCOME TO DODGETALK.COM!!!

I hope that you get the help you need here, but as for me: I have never heard of such a problem! My guess would be, for the burned ignition system...check the generator output voltage.

Good luck! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
290 Posts
third time you get to give the car back.lemon law. then you can try your luck with a srt8.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Three times? I thought it was two. Anyway, thanks for replying.

·
Registered
477 Posts
In ct. its 3 trys to fix same problem or loss of use of vehicle for 30 days in first year of ownership.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Each state is different. In CA they have to give you a booklet on the lemon law when you buy the car. If you meet the requirements pay the $150 or whatever it is to have an attorney write the letters. This will CYA in case anything is done improperly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wobble between 55 and 60

i have a 2005 SXT AWD and am having the same problem, 1st time the dealer balanced the front wheels ... problem was still there ... it was way worse under braking ... they then determined that the rotors were warped just by driving it ... no inspection ... so they replaced the rotors ... that solved the shaking under braking at that speed ... but now the same front end wobble/shake is still there at 55 to 60 mph ... the dealership wants to move the front tires to the back to see if the problem goes away ... they believe it to be the tires ... i talked to one of the guys that works there that has one and he has the vibration but thought it was due to his after market tires and rims ... i think it's design problems or a bent front drive axle ... but no one in the service dept wants to hear that ... this next time will be they're 3 rd attempt for the same problem ... yeah for the lemon law ... very irritating anyone else have front end problems with the awd sxt ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just out of curiosity did this just start? How many miles on it? Felt nothing during test drive? As far as the burnt out Ignition system I know that their is a tsb out on the grounding.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The lemon law is a joke. Before I purchased my RT I had a VW Passat. The first 6 months my vehicle was at the dealership more then at home. Spoke to the stealership about lemon law and they said it didn't appy. Naturally not believing them I contacted an atty. He investigated the case and told me I did not have a case. I wouldn't get too excited or think that just because you had to bring your car in the third time for the same problem you are going to get a new car...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think i'm the only one that has sustanded (sp) high speeds for a long period of time (read autobahn ^_^) i've had shakeing after i've had to slow down dramaticly from 100+ but after a while it goes away....guessing the rotors cooled or something. but mine's not constant or anything...... O_O hope that helps a little

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shaking at 55 or above solved....finally

Ok after the third and fourth try, after tranny flushed, some electronic module repaced, and multiple cleaning of intake ports, they discovered the number one cylinder head was bad and that the number one cylinder was carboning up the engine, so they replaced the internals and we have a new cylinder head and woolaah....the car responds like it was brand new, no more shaking or shuddering, and it has its pep and zoom back. been a couple months since we had it fixed so i thought id let you guys know what happened. plus the neighbors stupid landscaper backed into it and dented the driver and drivers side passenger door, just it got i t back from the shop and it looks brand new, this car has had quite an adventure since we got it new, wonder where well go next. :crazy:

·
Too many mod's to list...
907 Posts
ive noticed the shakin and wobbling but i assumed it was the 22's i put on and maybe that pot hole i hit last week......ive also noticed my rim wobbles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.