DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all done for now. Let me know what you think. As most of you saw in another post I was not to impressed with the overall install of the shaker, but I am still playing with it and adjusting it. It still rubs a little in the front on the hood and mine is way down. They mounted a couple tabs off and I had to slot some holes to get it to line up correctly.

They where first to market and it is an aftermarket part so I knew I was going to run into these problem and by far I have had worse over all I would give it a 75 out of 100 score for craftsmen ship and quality.

I give CDC a 50 for thinking this project all the way out. Since they give no instruction for how to finish out the bottom of the hood, they do not warn you that the hood will not close until you finish out or cut more out of the bottom of the hood.

As for customer service I give them a 30. They have been great when you talk to them but they do not follow through. When my body guy knew there where going to be clearance issues on the bottom side of the hood he called to talk to the tech support people and the resp said they where all in a meeting and they would call him back. Well they never did. I call yesterday to find out how they finished out the bottom side of there hood and she said that the tech guy I wanted was not in and that he would call me back within the hour. Well 3 hours later I called back. I talked to Jeff at CDC and he said that they cut a bunch of extra metal away on the underside of the hood like I did to take care of the clearance issue then had the fab department reconstruct the under hood blanket to cover everything up. Why they didn't include this in the kit for 1000 bucks I don't know. I also asked him to send me pics of the underside of there hood so I could see what they did and he said he would send them to me yesterday. Well still no picks. There lack of follow through stinks.

I just thought I would let everyone know what they where actually looking at when tackling this project. Overall I think it was worth it to have a functional shaker on the throw back RT Magnum, and this was the first shaker to market, but they CDC has had history in the Shaker market with the Mach 1 Mustang so they should have done a better just with the under hood design and the sealing to the hood.

Just my two cents from my exp.

Jeff

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No for the pics.

I know these pics suck but all I had last night with me was my phone camara. I will take better pics tonight with my dig camara and also get pics of the underside of the hood.

Let me know what you think.

Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those flames are awesome!!!!!

I will concur with the customer service issues at CDC. I have never done an install like this so I did not know what to expect. I did get quick turnaround to email questions from Jeff but when I asked about additional pics I was told that there car was on the road and would not have it back for a while.

I rank it a thumbs up!!! Seems like other folks who were early adopters to aftermarket hoods had issues as well. Hopefully folks can learn from mine and Jeff's installs.

Jeff!!! I love the paint!! Great choice!

·
Registered
290 Posts
nice flames

very nice! dude you need some rims.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
WOW that looks awesome! I can't wait to see some better pics. The flames really came out nice. :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
sweet !! a set of 20 inch american racing torque thrust wheels would go nicely

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome!!!

Very nice job on the flames. Can't wait to see the other pics.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Your flames are over the top fo sure. Well done!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Those aren't flames, that is FIRE! Sweet!

Too bad hearing the story about the manufacturer. This is something that should be addressed. It's one thing to sell a good product, but when there are issues that arise the company you're doing business with should treat you with the same respect and the same timely manner in which they cashed your check.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are right about the rims I am waiting on a set of Black DeModa 20 inch Authorities. Thanks for all of the comments. I swear I will get better picks up soon been getting my A$$ kicked at the office.

Jeff

·
Registered
287 Posts
lQQkin saweet dude, next shoot I would like to see the intake also with hood up.

Stylin....

·
Registered
211 Posts
so to clarify.... does their kit come with the hood and it just doesnt fit right? or if you have to hack the stock hood, do they at least provide some kind of template or measurement or something? in terms of fitment... is the hole just in the wrong place or too small or what? i'm in love with the way that thing looks.... definitely thinking about scoring one. i just don't wanna jump the gun and give myself a headache by being in over my head (i.e., body shop costs :)) also, how much more freely does the kit let the engine breathe? have you noticed any gain in power????

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been very happy with mine and installed it myself. Check out http://www.letsgoredwings.org/magnum/magnum.htm I have 4 links to the shaker pics.

They provided a template that works fine for the top half, but on the bottom you are kind of on your own. After playing a bit I am very happy with the fit and it shakes nicely!! In terms of performance - When the car is running at highway speed the AI temp reports as about 5 to 10 degrees above ambient. I do not know what the stock setup reports.

John

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
very nice bro thoes flames look killer

·
Registered
87 Posts
Flames on Magnums are just bad ass, and those are great!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.