DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
http://harmswayonline.com
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When i first got my truck it was a tight solid ride. Now when i get up to 65 and above its starts to shake like hell..Going down the freeway is hell at 85 mph.. Well i have like 17,000 Miles or so. What could be the problem.

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
did you sling off a wheel weight?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Check your rotors, I know some have had them warp.
Jim

·
Registered
553 Posts
Are one of your rims bent? Hit any big holes lately?
Like Holler said, check your weights

and why are you doing 85mph on a freeway??? ;) lol

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well do you think a rotation and balance plus an alignment might work. I have 17,000 miles and only got my tires rotated once so far. I have not got an alignment or balance yet. Without spending tons of money to get all that done i should probably go to the dealer and complain first any comments.. :help:

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i have one weight missing from when i had to get a nail patched. But the guy said it would not effect anything. Plus i think my truck shook before that. its just one of those things where your like well its a truck and it should shake. At least i tell myself that and makes me feel better. But now i just cant take the shake anymore. Does anyone else have a problem with shaking.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Weights are there for a reason...Id get that replaced and see if it makes a difference first, being thats a real obvious difference.
With 17,000 miles and 1 rotation its definitely way overdue for another one. Regular rotations and balances keep your tires longer.

Id take it in, get the weight replaced and get everything rotated, balanced and aligned and see if you see a difference. If not...then take it to the dealer and have them find something.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Definitely the first thing you should do is get your tires rotated and balanced. Also if you used fix a flat you should get the tire removed and cleaned.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
If he says the weight doesn't matter I'd make sure he didn't patch your tire with chewing gum since he's obviously an idiot. The issue you are speaking of is a textbook wheel balance problem. Rotating & Balancing is your perogative and not the dealer's so they will probably just laugh at you. I have had tires balanced 2-3 times over their life as the tread and rim will change over time especially if you bump a curb which is easy to do in a vehicle of this size.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well said sgrizzle :)

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
check exactly what above was mentioned. Start with the most simple and go on from there. If it's not wheel weights or tires come back and tell us. And no, warped Rotors will not cause your car to vibrate unless you were braking.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
DodgeChick said:
Weights are there for a reason...Id get that replaced and see if it makes a difference first, being thats a real obvious difference.
With 17,000 miles and 1 rotation its definitely way overdue for another one. Regular rotations and balances keep your tires longer.

Id take it in, get the weight replaced and get everything rotated, balanced and aligned and see if you see a difference. If not...then take it to the dealer and have them find something.

:werd: This chick knows her stuff! :D :rck:

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
I had an 03 QC and my rotors warped and the truck started shaking at those speeds.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
mitchgmace said:
I had an 03 QC and my rotors warped and the truck started shaking at those speeds.
They would have to be warped enough to drag the pads with the brakes released and that is some SERIOUS warping.

·
Registered
553 Posts
SamCarroll said:
:werd: This chick knows her stuff! :D :rck:
LMAO!!! Thank you :eek: I try :D

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the comments/info. I'm putting the truck in the shop asap to get a rotation, alignment and balance. If this does not work ill let you know. And by the way I like to take care of these things sooner but i work so much plus drive allot. :mad: I drive probably over a hundred miles a day. Ive had my truck for less than 8 months and put over 17,000 miles on it. Its hard to find time .. oh I bought the truck brand new with 4 miles on it :D

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
Harms Way said:
Thanks for the comments/info. I'm putting the truck in the shop asap to get a rotation, alignment and balance. If this does not work ill let you know. And by the way I like to take care of these things sooner but i work so much plus drive allot. :mad: I drive probably over a hundred miles a day. Ive had my truck for less than 8 months and put over 17,000 miles on it. Its hard to find time .. oh I bought the truck brand new with 4 miles on it :D
sounds good. we'll be looking forward to the results.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.