DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put my stock shackles and the overload spring back on my truck yesterday. Install was much easier this time around since I have done it before and all the rusty bolts have already been broken loose! lol
Even though the centering pins on the overload spring crumbled apart when i took them out the first time, they went right back into place where they needed to be. I also got my hitch installed today too so I am ready for my move next weekend!

Now anyone with any tips for towing? I have never towed a thing in my life. Do i need to keep it out of OD??

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
And on the interstate, when the trailer starts to go off center from your truck, meaning drifting due to wind or light turning, please step on the gas, DO NOT slow down

·
Registered
200 Posts
Where do you put your jack when re installing the shackles? I too want to return my truck to stock.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Badass5.9 said:
Well I put my stock shackles and the overload spring back on my truck yesterday. Install was much easier this time around since I have done it before and all the rusty bolts have already been broken loose! lol
Even though the centering pins on the overload spring crumbled apart when i took them out the first time, they went right back into place where they needed to be. I also got my hitch installed today too so I am ready for my move next weekend!

Now anyone with any tips for towing? I have never towed a thing in my life. Do i need to keep it out of OD??

Where are you moving to? And do not slow down if the trailer starts to sway or drift

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
And when loading the trailer make sure most of the weight is towards the front and over the axles.. pulls better and less chance of swayin..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.