DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if you read my last post about the heavy Steal flatbed on my 96 2500 it was sagging really bad in the back. Well I took the bed off today and made my own shackel flip for it, The bed weighed about 750lb.

Anyway i wanted more lift in the back to level it out so out came the welder and plasma cutter. Ok I weld/Fab for a living so know my way around my shop very well. Anyway here are the pics of the flip on the truck.

Now i have to extened the swaybars mesure for new shocks and buy some lift springs later on to replace the old worn out ones.

Take a look and tell me what ya think.

Gary

Attachments

·
Ram x2
398 Posts
You should come up with a price and post this over on pavementsucks.com in the Dodge section, there are quite a few 3/4 ton guys wantng shackle flips and nobody makes them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone is interested I would make sets for people on the forums. I already have a couple ideas on how to make it a little better and faster to weld up.

Just let me know

Gary

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will get a picture up tomarrow of the truck with the bed on it. It looks a lot better.

Just need to change out the blocks for the 1" smaller ones with the zero rate to bring the axle back into alingment.

Gary

·
i dont think so scooter
219 Posts
Let me know a price. I'm always looking for an easy way out of doing things my self, though I would like to do it, just don't know if time will permit the weekend I put my lift on.
Already installing the RCD lift, Performance Accessories BL, Mount & Balance my wheels and tires and new brake lines. Oh and the thuren weld in trac bar.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Approx. how many inches of lift does the shackle flip alone give you & how much do you want for a set?

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
Shackle flip is good for 5" and you will need a zero rate AAL to recenter the axle.

·
2,032 Posts
Yes, but it goes into the spring pack correct? Not under the spring? I saw it called a zero rate AAL somewheres I think....not sure though now. Maybe I be crazy.

·
2,032 Posts

·
i dont think so scooter
219 Posts
Yeah some do come tapered for pinion angle. Just alot of people will associate stiffness with the AAL title.
I'm going the flip route. Gonna have to with 8" of lift in the front and the rcd kit only comes with 4" of lift for the rear with AAL and block.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I want more info on this I see the pics but what is the diffrence from stock do you need new drive shafts with this

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the interest.

Here is a picture of the truck now with the shackel flip installed. it looks like they give about 4.5 to 5" of lift. On my truck I have to put in a differnent set of blocks because the ones i have know are angled to help with the drive line angle to line up right.

As for price of a set I am still working on that. Looking into having all the parts cut on a water jet or plasma table. that way everything is the same on each set.

Trying to find a local place that does powder coating. Maybe you guys can give me and idea of what other flip kits cost. Maybe looking at the $125-150 range but that is just a guess at this point. They would come with the two hangers and grade 8 hardware to mount them.

Gary

Attachments

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Looks like a Cadet flat-bed from the pics. Looks badass too! :rck: The way a flatbed should set!! A little bit bigger tires & you will have a monster flat bed :) . It remindes me of one of the old factory high-boys. Nice work!! :rck: :rck:

·
i dont think so scooter
219 Posts
I would say send them with just a light coat of primer to help you keep cost down, let the payees decided on powder coating or painting.
I'd also probably make them in 10's, so you have some, but not too many and you don't get stuck with a ton of shackle flips. Though I don't think you will have a problem selling them especially right around 150-175. The BDS shackle flip goes for right around $200, but I think it comes with the zero rate maybe.

Did you just use your plasma cutter to make those tabs and then round out the edges with a grinder?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.