DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i would make this pose fpr anyone who wanted to know how to put on a shackle and torsion lift, it might just help u out a lil. I got the shackles from oriley auto parts and used a couple of washers to get a perfect fit. MAKE SURE TO GET YOUR TIRES ALIGNED AFTER DOING ANY OF THIS WORK! any more questions just sent me an email or leave a message and ill reply.

You need a jack to push down your leaf spring to get the stock shackle off and then the new one on.

sorry if anyone posted this already, just wanted to help yall out

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
What size tires did you put on your truck?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Would you mind telling me where they come close?

Is it the front or back of the wheel well on the front and back, or the frame in the front?

Oh yeah and dudeman, fill out your signature so we can know a little more about your good looking D.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they come really close in the front, if im on unlevel ground while my wheel is turned all the way, then i get some rub on the front bumper, but it hasnt touched the body or frame

·
Registered
163 Posts
What Part # were those shackles from O'reilly? There's one right down the road from my house, and I'm itching for a weekend project. May throw some aggressive tires on my stock wheels and have a different lookin' D altogether. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not exactly sure, but its actually a lowering kit that used for dodge rams and chevys, itll be with all the leaf spring helpers and lift/lowering blocks. they fit perfect with the use of a few washers between the frame, let me go look for the box and see if i can get that part number

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
those shackles look longer than the Western or the Beltechs. I have used both and they are the same length. Here is a picture. What brand shackle is that? Looks like you would get a bit more lift from them than the WEsterns or Beltechs.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
ps. many have done the TS lift without an alignment and had no problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm, well my tires were noticable bowed in so i took it and got it aligned, i dunno y tho i figured it came from torsion, anyways i found the part number, its a belltech lowering kit, the number under the bar code, which im guessin is the part number is 2243906400, but the bellteck part number looks likes its 6400 its made for 88-03 gm 1/2-3/4-1 trucks, 97-03 ford f150, or a 94-99 dodge ram

·
ReBeL
88 Posts
dudeman1623 said:
hmmm, well my tires were noticable bowed in so i took it and got it aligned, i dunno y tho i figured it came from torsion, anyways i found the part number, its a belltech lowering kit, the number under the bar code, which im guessin is the part number is 2243906400, but the bellteck part number looks likes its 6400 its made for 88-03 gm 1/2-3/4-1 trucks, 97-03 ford f150, or a 94-99 dodge ram
I've got the belltech 6400's, and they are a 2" drop shackle compared to the 6700's and probably the western's, which are only a 1" drop shackle, so I am guessing that they are longer and do give more lift?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
I have used both the Western and Belltech shackles. Not sure of part numbers, but both were same length adn both lifted the rear about 1.75". Your shackle looks long enough to lift the rear more than 2".

·
Registered
163 Posts
I stopped by O'reilly on my way home from work tonight. They happened to have the 6400s in stock... and at this point I hadn't read this thread to know whether or not they were the right part number. I guess I lucked out.... woo hoo! Guess what I'm doing this weekend? Then by Tues/Wed my new tires will be in... 33x10.50x15s.... we're gonna see if I can pull off the 33s like a couple others had. Hence the reason I went with a 10.50 instead of a 12.50 width.... results will be in next week. If nothing else the body lift will follow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
let me know how that works, im gonna be moving to 35s soon with a body lift and i think imma have to get 10 50s

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
35x10.5's?? Who even makes that narrow of a tire in 35" diameter?

You planning on offroading with those? Beware, the front diff of a Durango is not well suited to such large diameter tires. There was a great pic in Fourwheeler a couple years ago of a Durango with 35" tires in Moad spitting out the gears as it tried to climb a rocky section. All the available info tends to agree that the front diff (7.625" Corp diff) is only strong enough to handle 32" or 33" tires max.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My ride sits higher in the front than the back. I want to fix that. I cranked the torsion bolts 8 turns for an added 2". I'm pretty sure that the back only got raised about 1.75" and that's what causes the difference. I want to know which brand has the longest shackles therefore lifting the back up a little to match the front. I realize that I could just crank the down a turn or 2 to match up, but I'm about to buy my 33's, and I really need the extra half inch or so up front. Can I get some people to measure for me? Thanks so much.

Brett

·
Registered
149 Posts
where you able to put the Trailer hitch receiver back on after the lift was installed?
If not is there a way to do this?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
TS lift doesn't impact trailer hitch at all. You will need to remove it to install the rear shackles, but it bolts right back in place.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The hitch should bolt right back into place. Changing out the shackles shouldn't prevent the hitch from fitting or even hinder it for that matter.

Brett

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.