DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
yah thought about that and there is an update for it but doesnt really pertain to my symptoms. I just reset the pcm today and it hasnt done it yet. Part of me thinks it is related to the new part being put in but everything works and no codes are thrown and as sensitive as this system is I figured something would show up. For some reason when I use the keyless remote it is triggered and engages for the few seconds the lights flash. Only did it once in every five times I would use the remote.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
PCM reset didnt work and now new part is throwing codes again so I switched back to the old one so I could have the parts store order a new one. Low and behold the problem of the interference with the keyless entry went away. Apparently it was the new part causing the issue.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ok, round two! Got the second shift motor from Orielys and installed it and all is well so far. From my research Ive found that all the parts stores orielys, Rockauto, Napa, Advanced Auto to name a few get their remanufactured shift motors from a company called Cardone and it appears they are the only ones who offer a shift motor for our trucks. Other than that it is salvage yards or brand new from Dodge ($450).

Attachments

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.