DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my durnago for 4 years now. Its been awesome to me, except for this one problem: I have to keep replacing my belt even though its not all the way worn. I get some serious force from my A/C compressor. I have had it at the shop for over a month, and I don't want to pick it up until I know that the dealer is telling the truth. Is there any way to test the lbs/torque from the compressor to see if a bearing is gone or something. I know my belt should at least last 10,000 miles. I don't think I even got 4,000 miles out of the one I need to replace. The dealer says I just need to put a new belt on there, but I want to get this problem fixed so I can get some use out of my belts. Help me out guys, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

2000 4x4 5.9L Durango

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
I replaced my belt at 70,000 miles as it was beginning to crack in a few areas. The A/C fan clutch could be bad. It sounds like your tensioner, or another pulley (such as the A/C comp.) is not aligned properly with the rest. A nice long straight edge will give you some indication of what's going on.

·
Registered
152 Posts
^ what I was gonna say.
On my Ranger the tensioner bearing was bad and allowed the pulley to cock to one side. The belt ran off center and wore badly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just changed my belt bc it went with the pulley tensor at 80000 miles, not big deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.