DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Sorry about your luck, but on the other hand, good to know you CAN get the distributor out with the engine still in the truck. With how close everything is under there, I didn't think it was possible. Good luck with getting it figured out.

I am not going to say it is easy, especialy since I am short and round, but the distributor without the cap is only about 6 or 8 inches long unlike a chevy that is nearly 12". The hard part once I got the cap off was getting my arm down and around the Distributor with a 1/2" ratchet wrench to undo the hold down bolt, once that was done a little tap with a small hammer and it popped right out.

After all was said and done, I have a bruise on my left side at the tip of my ribs and on my sternum along with numorous cuts and scrapes up and down my forearms and hands.

But all worth it not to have to have a Stealer fix my truck....:cheerl:

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
OK, my truck has been at the dealer all damn day and they have not clue what I am talking about when I tell the to set the injector timing, can someone please link me the page or scan it and post it that tells me how to adjust this so that I can print it and take it to them so that I can get me truck back...

PLEASE...

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
did you explain that the distributer was changed

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
when i had my fuel sync set i remember it was a test adjustment . the drbIII raised my idle up to 1k while they turned the dis . they set it at +4 which i under stand for a stock motor is perfect .

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yeah, I think they are just retards...

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So that I can tell them exactly what needs to be done could someone tell me?

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
276 Posts
we had the same problem on our 97 ram. Replaced all the same stuff you did and had it scanned. Discovered it was a stopped up injector. Cleaned it and has been good as new.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Scans are showing nothing at all. Did yall replace the entire distributor?

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
OK, just got back from the dealer. I don't know what they did but it atleast idles now, the tech was trying to tell me that there isn't an adjustment for the distr. so I don't know what he did for two days, but since he said he didn't do what I asked to do and the diagnostic was useless with out it I didn't pay them anything.

But now I am getting an intermitant loss of CMP or CKP (P-1391), Any suggestions?

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well after taking the day off of work, I got the truck over to a real mechanic instead of the dealer, Hoover Dodge on Trolley Rd SUCKS ASS, took him about 20 minutes to set my distributor up and look no more intermitant codes. And it only cost me 80 bucks, he charged me for an hour, that is his min.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Mooses Auto Rocks....

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
glad to hear you got it going

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Me too, sucked having to borrow a vehicle to get back and forth to work, too damn cold to ride the bike...

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.