DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"TRUCKIN"
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one goin to the SEMA IAS show in Atlantic City, NJ?

im goin, its opening to the public on Sat. may 21st, 12:30.............lemmie know whos goin..........................

what do you guys think bout this two tone D........... i want to do something like that, unless someone knows of better graffix for my D...............thanks

Attachments

·
"TRUCKIN"
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
***EDIT***** my D is debadged now and i will be getting either 20" r/t rims or some other 20" rims

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
two tone's not for me

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
while that two tone paint was well done, I'm not a big two tone either. Now, that being said, my Dakota had a small silver strip on the bottom. If you did some black or something dark gray, with one edge being a little on the tribal side...that'd be cool. For a custom look, try having the mirrors and door handles painted. Just a thought.

·
Moab '06
234 Posts
bmxer2076 said:
what do you guys think bout this two tone D...........
:thatfunny Looks like a PT Cruiser. Not that that is bad, just seems wrong.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Nice D, orange and yellow flames would be nicer IMO

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Not a fan of two tone, flames or anything of the sort. That D in the first post has to be the ugliest one I've seen (I really hope it's not owned by someone here, if so... I apologize in advance). On two tones, the SLT+ packages had a option where the trim was a different color and that didn't look too bad.

I think a nice paint job with metallic flakes is about the best you can do without getting really tacky. Classy and yet still can make a car "pop" and stand out in a crowd. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not taking a dig at anyone who likes the two tones and flames. It's just not something I am a fan of and have seen many a vehicle that would otherwise be jaw dropping ruined (in my opinion) by that kind of paint job. I cringe everytime I watch American Chopper or Biker Build Off and they do that kind of paint to an otherwise amazing bike. I know it's part of the culture, but still... :(

Just my opinion though. Each of us has different tastes. I mean... do you realize what kind of performance mods you could do for the amount of money spent on a paint job like that? :rck:

·
"TRUCKIN"
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coachholland said:
Just my opinion though. Each of us has different tastes. I mean... do you realize what kind of performance mods you could do for the amount of money spent on a paint job like that? :rck:

HA my cousin in the autopaint business, he paints just about anything and he specializes in airbrushing custom work. he said no matter what i want done, all i have to pay is for the paint. plus he want to start to powder coat as well, and asked if i could help him.........so maybe i'll be powder coating this summer................of course no graphics will be done till i get a hood and decide which graphics i want. im thinking a sort of two tone with a different color being on the bottom and a custom SPAWN scheme along the sides of the two tone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.