DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at putting the truck up for sale, getting the itch for something new. Debating on either a 2500 with a Cummins or a New Hummer H3.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Well, its really your decision, i know the feeling of being bored with a car. It depends on what YOU want to do, not us. But if you are going to sell it, stay in the family! Go dodge, dont go GM HUMMERS SUCK!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Seriously, I don't know why people like those things....

·
Registered
840 Posts
I haven't seen a H3 up close yet. From what I've been told a H2 is just a GMC Yukon with a different body on it. I suppose, since it's supposed to be smaller, that the H3 is just a Chevy Colorado or Blazer with a different body on it.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I know that I will be in the minority here, and I can't speak to the H3, but I had a 2004 H2 and I loved it. It was plush, comfortable, nice ride, very capable off-road, and definitely a lot of fun. That said, I sold it and bought my Ram!
For us, we just needed a truck. My wife has a horse, and a truck just makes more sense. She can toss the saddle and anything else in the back. I am a little anal when it comes to keeping my vehicles nice, and I was tired of putting towels on the floor and seats to keep everything like new. With our truck, it is just SUPPOSED to be used (although I am probably still a little too anal about dirt, rocks, etc).
Anyway, you can like the looks or not (personal preference), but we did enjoy our year with the H2.
I say, drive it, check it out, and then make your decision. The novelty may wear off in a while, and I wouldn't trade my 2500 CTD for anything!

Here's a pic just for kicks!

Attachments

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Not bad. My truck/cars are always spotless except the Toyota, i cant seem to stop getting it filthy!

·
Registered
188 Posts
go for the CTD or anything else don't even think of a H3 i've seen them up close and beleive me you don't want it it belongs with that thing pontiac built a few years ago called the ASSTEK any other vehicel would be better than that little under powered overpriced colorado, id recomend a subaru before an H3. but thats just me

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A friend of mine works for GM's proving grounds and tested the H3 out on the Rubicon trail this past winter and 3 stock units made the entire trail with only a couple small problems.. He said the only thing the same with the Canyon is the motor. It is the same basic platform but the H3 frame is totally boxed, stronger axels and suspension, 4.56 gear ratio, 33" tires and rear electronic locker. He hooked me up with one this past week to drive over night and believe me its nothing like a Colorado or Trail Blazer. He said that there looking at putting out a 325-350 HP Inline 5 Cyl. Turbo model next year so I'll probably wait for that if I dont go with the Cummins. I was at Silver Lake Sand Dunes today and took pictures of this H3 and he was climbing Dunes and going through stuff that was making people scratch there heads.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Awesome pictures. Like I said, my H2 was VERY capable off road for such a large vehicle. Incredible articulation.
It is in vogue to bash Hummers, but I like them.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
THAT DEEP OF WATER!!!!! If there is no leakage that is pretty sweet. also GM is having a deal right now on their cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.