DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since moving to Colorado I find people like to smash the windows in my vehicles. Being that I got a new truck, I'd just prefer to keep the *******s out. Does anyone have experience with this product?

http://www.acesecuritylaminates.com/auto.htm

If I'm reading this right, you can cover your side and rear windows for about $300. My biggest concern is getting out of the vehicle in case of an accident. I also worry about how it'd look, but it basically appears the be a very strong tint job. I saw it on this show "It Takes a Theif" and they beat the stuff pretty well with an aluminum bat. While the window broke, they couldn't get in.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
interesting, not sure if it would be quality enough not to impare sight & how expensive it is. If you live in such an area and keep a lot of valuables in you truck give it a shot.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
Id be worried about them not being able to get in, and instead, vandalizing the outside. Maybe combine the windows with an alarm systems as well. I had a Jeep Wrangler a few years back with an aftermarket stereo. The thieves (aka a#$holes) werent able to get the deck out (I have ways of making it that way) and instead, decided to stab multiple holes in my dash with a screwdriver and slashed my side windows.

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
mheideman said:
Id be worried about them not being able to get in, and instead, vandalizing the outside. Maybe combine the windows with an alarm systems as well. I had a Jeep Wrangler a few years back with an aftermarket stereo. The thieves (aka a#$holes) werent able to get the deck out (I have ways of making it that way) and instead, decided to stab multiple holes in my dash with a screwdriver and slashed my side windows.
i agree... when thiefs want something.. they will find away to brake in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah if they really want in, they'll do it. but my goal is to just make it more difficult. They hit that it doesn't break and an alarm goes off, hopefully they'd go away.

My jeep had the top cut, the idiots couldn't get in so then unzipped a side window, couldn't get in. so then tried the door to find it unlocked. I always left the doors unlocked to hopefully prevent people from cutting the top or windows, but apparently they don't check first.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That does look like an awesome set up!!! I like how they started with a moltave cocktail! LOL I am in the fire service and to be honest with you I wouldn't worry to much about the danger. We will be removing the windows one way or another.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
MrMischief said:
yeah if they really want in, they'll do it. but my goal is to just make it more difficult. They hit that it doesn't break and an alarm goes off, hopefully they'd go away.

My jeep had the top cut, the idiots couldn't get in so then unzipped a side window, couldn't get in. so then tried the door to find it unlocked. I always left the doors unlocked to hopefully prevent people from cutting the top or windows, but apparently they don't check first.
I always left my door unlocked in the Jeep too. Id rather them take what they want and not f-up a door or bust a window. Unfortunately, the neighborhood where I bought my home and live now, has a few junior thugs "rollin da street yo", and they only mess with cars that have unlocked doors.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Where did you move from? And do you still have your old states plates on it?

I lived in Colorado for a year in the early 90's, I caught all kind of hell until I took off my Texas plates and put on Colorado plates. There are some seriously jealous people in Denver.

Not throwing barbs at anyone who lives in Colorado, just relaying what actually happened to me. I was never so happy as when I crossed the state line into Texas, actually got out and kissed the ground. What a great state!

·
Registered
441 Posts
What happens if you have this and get in a wreck. You are stuck in your truck or car and the only way to get in is to break the window and pull you out. If you cant break the window you will have problems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm from Montana, been in Colorado for 4 years now. All the problems I've had occured with Colorado plates on. As far as getting me out... that's my concern, but then someone earlier said he's in the fire business and they'd be able to get the window out. Also, I wouldn't cover the windshield so they could get in by hitting that and removing it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If your in an accident we won't be pulling you out of the window. We will be popping doors cutting roofs and pulling you out of very large openings! LOL The situation you might run into is if you get into an accident, can't get the doors open, roll the windows down, your awake, and there is no help on the way. Like you said you can alway kick out the windshield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.