DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what happened here. I went out to warm up my 2002 4.7 1500 as usual. Turn it over, take my fob off my chain, walk away and lock the doors from fob leaving truck to remain running while I brush my teeth. All is well on my ride to work. As I leave my truck in the parking lot I notice my fob isn’t working. Turns out I have no power ANYWHERE unless the key is in the ON or ACC position. If it is in ON or ACC position the fob works. Truck still starts up just fine. But unless it is running, in the ON or ACC I don’t have any power. No hazards, lights, radio, etc. I’m not a dummy. Not a battery issue. I’ve gone through every fuse and relay in the whole truck. No bad grounds. Nothing seems to be physically damaged. I do however notice when I go to turn the key into the ON or ACC position, a small red security light comes on for a SPLIT second. So fast you can hardly even see it. I’ve gone through a few different SKIM processes yadayadayada. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Red Trucker
1,969 Posts
Black key you don't have SKIM (gray keys have chips). Have you had the battery load tested (not just voltage check)? If it definitely isn't the battery then you have an actual ignition switch issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery tested good. If I replace the ignition switch, do you know if I’ll have to go to a stealership and have everything reprogrammed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts