DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years ago I was injured in an accident at work which caused a herniation of a disk in my lower back . Needless to say i spend a lot of time in pain. I have found that my seats in my truck are bothering me and am interested in replacing them with either the factory leather or an aftermarket leather seat. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? please include prices if you can. much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I know what your are saying. The seats seem to have a little too much lumbar support even with it turned all the way in. Below is a manufacture that sells all kinds of automotive seats.

http://www.corbeau.com/

·
Banned
4,873 Posts
yep the 2004 premium cloth seats have way too much lumbar, on the lowest setting.

so I took the lumbar completely out of my cloth seats it was bothering my back so much.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
You might want to try one of the various lumbar supports that are on the market for cars house chairs etc before yopu go the new seat route

Do an internet search

I agree my 93 F150 had better lumbar supports than this Ram does

I am prone to back spasms ( held at bay through exercise and proper stretches)
if I sit incorrectly

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the main reason i was looking for different or new seats was the fact that i need the side supports for my back. This plowing season I spent anywhere from 24 to 70 hours straight in my truck plowing. (we do commercial plowing on the south shore of boston) My back began to bother me becuase i spent so much energy holding my body up straight and not from leaning to one side. thanks for the help so far guys i really apreciate it

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You might just wanna invest in some nice racing style seats up front. They will give you the side support you seek, or even the ones from the SRT-10's which are a direct fit as far as I know. But be prepared to shell out some dough.

KB

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where can i find the srt ones and how much we talking. thanks for the help

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I have seen sets go on ebay for anywhere from $1,500-$2,000 and sometimes a lil more. But they are a nicely stitched leather seat, with awesome support. Also this includes the center jump seat, along with both driver/pass seats. I dunno where you can find them unless you get a line on some from a wrecking yard or Ebay, dealer would be outrageously higher I'm sure.

KB

PS - There are also cheaper options like these seats here on Ebay. They come in assorted colors, but most competent upholstrey shops can get factory material and make em match if you wanted too. Plus these are only $300 plus S/H for 2 seats. But you would have to fab them up so they fit properly, and they are not power. So its kind of a toss up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7975839540&category=33701&sspagename=WD1V

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.