DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big guy and my seatbelt always feels uncomfortable. I never wore it in my 03, but my new 07 dings everytime I drive off. I know I could probably find a way to turn it off, but I need to get in the habit of wearing my belt more often.

I found a seatbelt extender on eBay and love it. It gives me a little more room under the belt, but that really wasn't the issue. The belt was never positioned correctly and would ride up to my neck. The extender helps keep the belt where it feels like it should be for a big dude like me.

Added Bonus: When I jump in to move the truck when I'm not going out on the road, the bell doesn't chime. I leave the extension in the seat buckle, so the truck always thinks the belt is buckled.

The best part is that I don't "feel" the belt anymore and am wearing it... without the chime telling me to.

Attachments

· Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, now that camper knows who's boss!!! Gave it a Cummins bitch slap.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JeffB2002 said:
Were you having problems with the Hemi pulling it? The CTD is going to be my next purchase as well.
No problems, per se. It was time to upgrade and trade out. Lot's of factors: 03 was paid off, 0% financing, end of year deals on 07's, payments now vs waiting until next year with less equity in the 03, etc. Another big factor is that I plan to get a BBQ concession trailer this winter or spring. Wanted the 2500 so that my options for the trailer were fairly open. Might end up with a gooseneck. Dunno.

17,103 Posts
tuneboy said:
No problems, per se. It was time to upgrade and trade out. Lot's of factors: 03 was paid off, 0% financing, end of year deals on 07's, payments now vs waiting until next year with less equity in the 03, etc. Another big factor is that I plan to get a BBQ concession trailer this winter or spring. Wanted the 2500 so that my options for the trailer were fairly open. Might end up with a gooseneck. Dunno.
Good luck this year with the BBQ stuff!! Good to see you around. I'll have to hit you up for all of your wisdom when I get my CTD. :D

· Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JeffB2002 said:
Good luck this year with the BBQ stuff!! Good to see you around. I'll have to hit you up for all of your wisdom when I get my CTD. :D
Buy a black one. That's about all the wisdom I have. Somehow, I don't think you'll take my advice.

We had a great BBQ year. 18 contests and lots of awards. Won Grand Champion once and got the 2007 Missouri State BBQ Championship. Pictures on my web site: www.plowboysbbq.com. <Shameless Plug> Lot's of hard work went into perfecting our entries this year. Still a lot of room to improve.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I heard you can get those free from the dealer, or they are supposed to provide one free if you ask. I am not entirely sure though, but I think I remember that being posted.

KB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.