DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put it in on wednesday gonna change my oil in the morning... im curious to see what comes out :hyper:

·
Registered
904 Posts
how does this seafoam work? i've heard about it but haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh hell that stuff worked great im inpressed.. i changed my oil this morning and took it for a drive and.. my truck no longer feels like im running with an anchor dragging behind it... its awesome i would recommend it to anyone that hasnt put it in yet :rck::rck:

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Yup Yup stuff is great should use it in all the ways the can says you can really helps alot.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
additives to gas could ruin the o2 sensors. killed mine! $120 later learned my lesson. that goes for injector cleaner too!

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
in the crank is OK.

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Negatorie Spun360 seafoam is injector & O2 safe and I do beleave that is backed by seafoam. Even if not I dont know anyone that has ever had a problem with seafoam when used right. I used it in every place I could and that was months ago and have only had very good things come of it.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
I use it in both my Ram and the wife's Durango......

Both crank case and gas tank, spilt the can half in tank half in crank....

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
gas additives are a controversal topic.
it can foul the spark plugs. seafoam stipulates that it will lube the upper cylinder chamber. which leads me to believe that oils and solvents are not totaly used up durring combustion. it smokes like hell. and it is good for nothing to burn!
try leaded gas or just drive your 2cycle to work- if thats what you want out of it.
gas is so processed and refined. it has no dirt in it. there is NO way to clean injectors properly on the vehicle. fuel chemistry includes detergents.
money to burn/ snake oil as a gas additive

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
I think this is the problem that people get hung up on with engine cleaners. They in no way should be used to clean anything on the inside of the block and think that it is as good as taring down the block. However cleaners like this help Maintain a Cleaner block and when it comes time to tare the block down it will be easyer to get apart and to clean with less build up. Also yes seafoam will foul spark plugs as is says on the can but nothing a good hand cleaning wouldnt take off if you did feel like getting new ones. Just my 2cents on that to each there own I guess.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well just filled up my tank today and averaged out my gas mileage, went from 11.8 mpg to 13.6 mpg dont ask how and this is all city driving to..

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Not too bad, still pritty low though IMO.

·
Registered
904 Posts
how do you seafoam the crankcase? do you put it in where you put in oil?

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Yes you pour it in the oil fill port, replace half a quart of oil with seafoam....

·
Registered
904 Posts
ok, so i'm supposed to do it as i'm changing the oil? i know you have to change the oil shortly after using it cause it will eat up the truck's insides [or something...]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
13.6 is low? thats with carrying about 300 pounds of lumber saws air compressors and i live in tallahassee fl now its not like houston.. its very hilly here

·
Swamp Yankee
1,201 Posts
13.6 is low? thats with carrying about 300 pounds of lumber saws air compressors and i live in tallahassee fl now its not like houston.. its very hilly here
Florida is hilly? ROFL. Your open cat and Flowmaster 40 probably has something to do with the mileage. Yes, I know that opened exhaust gives more MPG, but exhaust makes you drive harder. You drive to the sound, LOL. I wouldn't worry much about that mileage. Your truck is probably long paid off and making you money. Grats on the Sea-Foam!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tallahasse is in the panhandle its pretty hilly here

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
I was just sayn I get 18mpg all city and I live in a farmie kinda of town so its hilly out by me as well.

but exhaust makes you drive harder. You drive to the sound, LOL
I'll go along with that when I want to have fun my mpg goes down to like 11 cuz I'm slapin that loud pedal :D.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.