DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rollin' on 20's
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a little extra time to kill so I decided I should give the gift of Seafoam to my truck. It's a 2004 4.7 w/ just over 48K miles. No codes have ever shown up before now, but when I took my truck out for the throat clearing drive, I noticed my CEL on. After I got back and looked around on here a while to find out how to check my codes, I found out that I was getting the P0300 code. I haven't changed my spark plugs before so I'm thinking that running the Seafoam through may have just made my 18K overdue spark plug change a higher priority.

Anyone ever get this code after doing the Seafoam routine?

TIA
Beardking

·
Registered
366 Posts
i dont know about the code, but i'm pretty sure when seafoaming it, they tend to mess up the oxygen sensor

Edit: same situation came up for my jeep and i replaced it and error went away.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
You'll have a couple misfire codes... that stuff makes it run really rich, and when you start to drive it, it will foul the spark plug out some.. cause a misfire.. just clear it and keep driving..

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
unplug your battery...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Change the plugs, delete the code and drive the hell out of it.

·
Rollin' on 20's
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I changed the plugs (holy crap, I didn't realize how much I REALLY needed to buy a set of swivels prior to doing this) and now I have a p0113 code. I'm fairly positive that I know why. I think I forgot to reconnect the IAT when I was buttoning it all up. I'll have to look at it when I get home this evening and make sure.

·
Registered
363 Posts
me neither, but i didnt do it through the brake booster though.

·
Rollin' on 20's
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was correct. After all of the checking and re-checking, I boned it and forgot to plug the IAT back in. Plugged it back in, reset the PCM and then started the truck and all was good. Woohoo.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
When I did the Seafoam with no problems. I think you kick-up something else while you were running the Seafoam.

:dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.