DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dumped a 1/3 of a can into the vac line on the booster. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Started it up and almost no smoke came out. It did stall twice while I was putting it in. I just restarted it and continued pouring. I'll let it sit some more. The truck has 80K on it so it can't be that clean. I wonder how well it cleaned everything? Has anyone seen this before? I was expecting a huge smoke screen but all I got was a couple of puffs. :huh:

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I shouldn't complain then. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you didn't get much smoke, it's a good sign. Very little carbon buildup. Just be careful that you don't run seafoam mixed with the crankcase oil. It's okay if you want to flush the gunk out of the engine, but not for normal driving.

Gary

·
Registered
153 Posts
What is the name of the product you used, because i have thought about doing this myself. My dad did it on his 1995 suburban but that stuff you poured right into the intake, and it smoked like crazy, but it also has 250,000 miles on it.

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
just and FYI for 2 cycle owners: the SeaFoam Deep Creep is good for winterizing / storing 2 cycle (boat/quad motor) motors.
Used about 1/2 a can on my outboard, sprayed the in the throttle bodies and sprayed into each cylinder then replaced the plugs.
It's not only for cleaning.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
just and FYI for 2 cycle owners: the SeaFoam Deep Creep is good for winterizing / storing 2 cycle (boat/quad) motors.
Used about 1/2 a can on my outboard, sprayed the in the throttle bodies and sprayed into each cylinder then replaced the plugs.
It's not only for cleaning.

(sorry about the double post)

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That stuff does just about everything on just about anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That stuff is the greatest ever invented for internal cleaning.My buddy uses it at the landfill for all their equipment.Get a fuel injection cleaner kit and run it through the brake booster vac. hose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.