DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if ya'll are interested in, or if anybodys already done it, a write up on how to Sea Foam your truck. I did it this past weekend and I can tell you I noticed the difference immediately. Idled smoother, quieter and ran better. So let me know because this is something everyone should do to their truck to get all the carbon and build up out of the engine.

-Charlie :gr_patrio

·
Registered
768 Posts
What is it and how is it used?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use it all the time in my truck and my motorcycle. For my bike, it seems ot carbon up a lot and then it will hesitate and start hard. A few ounces in a tank of gas and it clears right up.

So I figure it must be great for the truck also.

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well theres two different cans, the Sea Foam Deep Creep you use on your TB. The original Sea Foam you add to your gas tank, crank case and brake booster line. Might sound like alot but trust me, its nothing and you can do it in 15mins. Its nothing revolutionary, its another cleaning product for the engine but its the best one out there I've used by far.

Heres what you're looking for at the parts store:

·
Registered
768 Posts
What parts stores carry this stuff? Also off the subject because I see you have AirRam. Where do you put your air temp sensor once it is plugged into the Power Wire?

Thanks

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every auto parts store I've been to carries it, shouldnt have a problem finding it. As for the air sensor check your PM

·
Registered
768 Posts
I bought the AirRam CAI system used from a DT'er. It went on a 4.7 and I am putting it on a 5.7 Everything seems to work and fit right in place. There is a nipple on the back for the oil breather and some other device at the back/bottom that looks like a drain possibly in case you suck up water maybe? I do not see a place to put air temp sensor? Where is yours located?

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that drain your talkin about is where the power wire plugs into...bc theres only two parts back there, the breather hose hook up and air temp plug in. Powerwire doesnt look like it will fit in there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ross944,
I'd be interested in hearing how you did the Seafoam. I looks like its a lot better than some of the other stuff I've been using.

Thanks!
Chuck

·
Registered
345 Posts
great product used it for a few years now never had a problem with it....well other than finding out my brothers firebird had cracked exhuast manifolds.......not anything related to the seafoam though

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
chuckfishingguy said:
Ross944,
I'd be interested in hearing how you did the Seafoam. I looks like its a lot better than some of the other stuff I've been using.

Thanks!
Chuck
just buy the can and it has direction on it... i use it on any thing that has an engine

cars, truck, boat, lawn mowers and weed eater and chain saw.. :D

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the can isnt specific enough for some people and the uses of this stuff. Ill get some pics and easy directions posted by the end of this weekend.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Very good stuff. Just used it last week. I used 1/2 a can in the tb (pour it slowly in) with the motor running and the other half in the gas tank with the motor off. Then wait about 5 to 10 mintues and start the truck up and watch it smoke. Mine smoked heavily for a few mintues. If you use it through the crank case make sure you change the oil within a few miles after use.

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After adding it to oil you change it after no more than 250 miles. Supposed to use deep creep spray on the TB, you used the original?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Yes I used it on my tb. Its on the directions and a lot of users who use it told me to do the same. Love the stuff. How long did your truck smoke?

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My truck was smokin when I poured it into the brake booster line, probably about 2mins. Can't wait to see how nasty the oil is when I get it changed, supposed to grab everything in there.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Let me know how it turns out.

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well being the retard that I am I didnt take pics of the oil or keep any for pics. But I can tell you it was pretty damn dark and thick, and that was 1000miles before being due for oil. Been a few days now and its runnin much smoother than before.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will use the seafoam in the crankcase next time I am due for an oil change.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
After seeing KRS' 2 weeks ago I wanna do this deep cleansing too. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.