DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
Has anyone had a sct tuner shipped to Canada? If so were there any problems? Or duty?
No, it ships standard ground. I asked hemifever (who I bought mine from two weeks ago) if he could mark on the customs sheet $150 instead of the actual price so I can save on customs & brokerage fees. However, it wasn't necessary. There was a charge of $15 and change for Canada Post to deliver the package to my door which was more than reasonable. If you don't plan to get it from hemifever, you'll have to ask how they plan to ship it. UPS is the worst, as they want their large sum of $$$ on delivery, or they'll store it at their warehouse and you'll have to go and pick it up if you don't have the dough.

·
Registered
99 Posts
just ordered mine last friday, ive had quite a few things shipped outta the states through ups and its always been good, infact i didnt have any extra fees on my headers or my msd coil which was nice. so hopefully things go smoothly with the sct as well, cant wait to get it :D

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
vroom vroom! :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow ups has charged me on everything ive got with them. Duty, brokerage fees etc maybe it an Ontario thing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
not tryin to hi-jack the thread but will i have a noticeable gain with the sct in? (seat of the pants and tire burnin is what im lookin for)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
you will have good gains, I was impressed, will work great with any other mods you may have too,

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hemifever was really good when it came to shipping. The shipping cost was $17 if I remember correctly, and the duty cost was 20 or $25, I can't really remember exactly how much. I was very much impressed on how he got it to me. I have tried it, and I did notice a difference, but I put it back to stock untill I get my new exhaust in which should flow much better. I should start a new thread on my new exhaust soon!

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
Hemifever was really good when it came to shipping. The shipping cost was $17 if I remember correctly, and the duty cost was 20 or $25, I can't really remember exactly how much. I was very much impressed on how he got it to me. I have tried it, and I did notice a difference, but I put it back to stock untill I get my new exhaust in which should flow much better. I should start a new thread on my new exhaust soon!
You got ripped at $17! I paid $15.67 for shipping. Duty was nothing. Perhaps it's due to location and how a certain customs official is feeling that day? I know with UPS, they generally want cash for duty/brokerage fees upon item delivery.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
When I ship to Canada I use USPS and do Express mail (which is overnight shipping in the US) and charge $17 which is what Express costs over my normal free shipping methods. Used to be $15 but the PO is inching up the costs!

I put in the insurance of what it basically costs for the hardware. If it's lost, I get reimbursed for the hardware and I'm not out any money.

As for gains, they are great if you don't have 3.55 gears and 4x4 Ram :) 3.55 gears are roadblocks to performance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.