DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that has kept up with SCT please answer away. How much money is a custom tune and if I add a bigger cam after a custom tune how much will that tune cost. I guess what I am trying to ask is should I get a bigger cam before initial custom tune or wait until I finish mods and then get a tune.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
With every new tune it usually costs, I like being able to tune myself, The problem with A tune is its just that A tune. When you change elevations or weather changes your tune needs to change at WOT.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HeHe. Lonnie I can tell you've never been to West TN. It's flat as a pancake for about 200 miles in all directions from where I live. Our state song is "Rocky Top" but I promise you that does not include West TN:)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The initial tune price from me will vary depending on "deals and discounts" at the time of purchase. I won't charge you if you need a tune tweaked for a bigger cam. I'm in it for the fun mainly so I'll continue to work with you to make things faster.....

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
hemifever said:
The initial tune price from me will vary depending on "deals and discounts" at the time of purchase. I won't charge you if you need a tune tweaked for a bigger cam. I'm in it for the fun mainly so I'll continue to work with you to make things faster.....
You have my vote :tup:

P.S. I got a new cam that you might have fun playing with :D :D :D

·
Banned
756 Posts
you know whats the best thing about the SCT and HEMIfever being a authorized dealer/tuner i live 30 mins away from him, and 20 more mins takes us to the dyno :bman:

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
07Whiteram said:
you know whats the best thing about the SCT and HEMIfever being a authorized dealer/tuner i live 30 mins away from him, and 20 more mins takes us to the dyno :bman:
You know whats even better for me...he has an 03 and so do I...So he is probabaly doing everything possible to have us included in this.

·
Banned
756 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
You know whats even better for me...he has an 03 and so do I...So he is probabaly doing everything possible to have us included in this.
oh yeah im sure he is, he definetly knows his stuff, i remember when he picked up his truck after the STS turbo first came out, i was like hmmmmm that was alot of money for that system and :eek:, after working with them for a while NOW its like :rck:, only thing to do now is convince him to run it at the track :help:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
07Whiteram said:
only thing to do now is convince him to run it at the track :help:
hahahaha. I may run it at the track again. Before my heads and cam, I ran a 12.9 at 5960# of weight. With a little ole stock 5.7 w/ turbo. Too much weight for the power cuz stuff breaks which has what's kept me off the track. I'd love to put my powertrain combo in one of these 4000# setups that are "the fastest" on the forums right now. Crank it up to 18 psi of boost and watch 750rwtq push that sucker DEEEEEEP into the 10's...and be a daily driver.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
hemifever said:
Well Tim this is a very cool deal for you, It sounds like the SCT is gonna work out just fine. I can hardly wait to see your results.

Oh and your right I have never been to west Tennessee, When we visit our grand parents we are in Crossville a little place called Lake Tansi, But Grandpa took me fishin at Wattsbar which is a little section of the Tennessee River. We were Bass fishing.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
hemifever said:
hahahaha. I may run it at the track again. Before my heads and cam, I ran a 12.9 at 5960# of weight. With a little ole stock 5.7 w/ turbo. Too much weight for the power cuz stuff breaks which has what's kept me off the track. I'd love to put my powertrain combo in one of these 4000# setups that are "the fastest" on the forums right now. Crank it up to 18 psi of boost and watch 750rwtq push that sucker DEEEEEEP into the 10's...and be a daily driver.

You can tune 18 lbs of boost hemifever? Do you sell these kits? I know Jimmy does but I didn't know there was tuning for that kind of boost.

How does the set up work, What are you using to tune with?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The smt6 can tune that setup with an aeromotive FMU. We've had Coltsteele's up to 24 psi. He ran an 11.9 last year at about 12 psi. At 18 psi, we never could get traction. At 24 psi it wasn't even worth stomping on. lol KRC has two 6.1's running over 650 rwhp. Neither have made it down the 1/4 because it continues to destroy the Nag trans and it's also destroyed two ring and pinions when attached to slicks. The smt6 is driving those too. A 700 rwhp setup is almost complete and that'll be driven by an smt6 and fmu.

Once SCT is avail, that'll replace the smt6 fueling needs and we'll be able to remove the FMU. That way we can install some 65# (or larger) injectors and scale it back in normal driving with the software.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
05whitehemi said:
Ok,

FMU

Fuel management u?
Oh and I have a custom flashed pcm that I got specific things setup for my turbo so my pcm fuels me 10x better than anybody else's pcm. I don't rely on my smt6 nearly as much for fuel as others.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
hemifever said:
The smt6 can tune that setup with an aeromotive FMU. We've had Coltsteele's up to 24 psi. He ran an 11.9 last year at about 12 psi. At 18 psi, we never could get traction. At 24 psi it wasn't even worth stomping on. lol KRC has two 6.1's running over 650 rwhp. Neither have made it down the 1/4 because it continues to destroy the Nag trans and it's also destroyed two ring and pinions when attached to slicks. The smt6 is driving those too. A 700 rwhp setup is almost complete and that'll be driven by an smt6 and fmu.

Once SCT is avail, that'll replace the smt6 fueling needs and we'll be able to remove the FMU. That way we can install some 65# (or larger) injectors and scale it back in normal driving with the software.
sounds like they need some bigger slicks and a built rearend! Cant wait for that SCT racer package!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.