DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in here have any experience or input concerning the SCT programmer? That is the direction I have been pointed in, but would appreciate any positive or negative feedback.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Did you go over to dakota-durango? There are lots of threads under the computer forum.

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not as of yet. I will check it out.

How does your Mopar PCM compare to the stock unit? Can you get a customized program for it, or is it a one size fits all.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I forge the exact specs on the Mopar PCM. It does add more timing and extends the shift points to 5200 which I needed with the M1 but it is not the best for the combination. I've had it for 8 years and back then there were no alternatives. B&G and Tom Fox came shortly after. It's not optimal but it's not really worth it to me to do something more. B&G may be able to reprogram but it would be no different than them doing their program on a stock PCM. I sold my stock PCM a few years ago.

·
Banned
270 Posts
Does anyone in here have any experience or input concerning the SCT programmer? That is the direction I have been pointed in, but would appreciate any positive or negative feedback.

Thanks
The SCT programmer would be the best way to optimize your specific combination, since your engine has a good amount of modifications done to it. The Superchips air-fuel ratio is not tuned to your level of modifications, nor would any other pre-programmed software upgrade. Your combination of mods are custom, which would require a custom tune to realize the full gain. JMHO

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The SCT programmer would be the best way to optimize your specific combination, since your engine has a good amount of modifications done to it. The Superchips air-fuel ratio is not tuned to your level of modifications, nor would any other pre-programmed software upgrade. Your combination of mods are custom, which would require a custom tune to realize the full gain. JMHO
That is exactly what I am running into. I have a part throttle, under load, pinging problem that I believe is due to a too lean condition. I believe that I have taken my Durango as far as I can, or even beyond, with the Superchips programmer. I have purchased a new short block for my D, but do not want to install it until I get all the bugs worked out of my present setup. Also, when the new short block goes in, it will have a heavier than stock cam in it, which will cause the computer even more grief. My first plan is to install a wideband A/F guage to see where I am at. Then it looks like I will be getting an SCT programmer. I have realized that, the further up the ladder you go, the more expensive each rung is. Gotta love a well tuned engine.

·
Banned
270 Posts
The part throttle under load pinging, is most likely due to the Superchips aggressive timing, with too little fuel to match your engines increased breathing capacity. A wideband A/F gauge is a good start to determining where you're at now, or you could take it to a dyno. However, the new cam that you will install in your new short block will change those numbers. BTW, I know exactly what you mean about the increased cost as the power levels rise, from my past vehicles. Boy what a money pit they were.:eek: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.