DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright where do i begin maybe with a slap in the face . SO i bought the tuner of otter1363. So im so excited and happy that i go and install the tune thinking that well its good to go for my truck. Well dumb ass that i am didnt even bother to ask and installed a tune for a 5.7 on my 4.7. And now im SOL. Hemifever told otter1363 that i need the files for the sct tuner from a base stock 4.7. So in a long long loooooonnggggg shot anyone got the files i can compensate for them i just want my truck up and running. Ok well i hope someone comes through cuz today is a depressing day. Also called the dealer and they say 119 to get it reflashed should i just go that route. I have found multiple posts witht hte same issue and was fixed after contacting SCT and them sending a file over but i want my truck now lol

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ttt

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Not to say anything bad about you or to make fun of you, but this is a good reason why you shouldn't do something to your vehicle until you fully know and are aware of the consequences.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
does the sct not make a copy of your stock tune and save it on the tuner so you can uninstall and go back to stock?
I have never used one or see the install process so i don't know how they do it.

I would think that even if you installed the wrong tune you should be able to return to stock but I guess not.

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
i just installed my sct a couple days ago and it does save the stock tune just like superchips so i would think you would be able to revert back to stock.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
does the sct not make a copy of your stock tune and save it on the tuner so you can uninstall and go back to stock?
I have never used one or see the install process so i don't know how they do it.

I would think that even if you installed the wrong tune you should be able to return to stock but I guess not.
mayb what he's saying is the stock tune on there is from a 5.7?

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
If you need help right NOW, I'd PM Hemifever.

:imo

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you need help right NOW, I'd PM Hemifever.

:imo
otter1363 already talked to him and said that i would have to get the stock files from SCT and then upload it from the tuner to the pcm. I've been researching it and people have had this problem and is resolved when they upload the stock tune. Accordint to them the tuner goes into default mode so now i just have to wait for Monday to get ahold of them because theyre closed until then. This is so frustrating tho.

Here are a few of the posts i found:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f341/help-car-wont-start-after-flash-sct-tune-491935/

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...8231-help-sct-blinked-now-car-wont-start.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/613348-tunned-viper-no-start.html

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
otter1363 already talked to him .....
I understand that but maybe Hemifever can help you remove the SCT tune and get your truck running.

... just a thought.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.