DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· 98 SS/T
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was a group buy not to long ago......just curious if there were any results out for those of you lucky enough to get one? Like / dislike / vast improvment / what do you think about your recent mod addition?

I am sure I am not the only one out here wondering about this! Due tell!

· Registered
13,585 Posts
I think right now it does not look to good! There seems to be a hardware issue with the tuners or something like that. Im sure everyone will chime in soon and give you more details...

· 98 SS/T
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dose not look good for us (Gen 2's) or for the Hemi's?

· Registered
340 Posts
Regarding the SCT tune, some of the 4.7 guys who were part of the group buy, have encountered a communication error problem when trying to install their tune. After reading this thread, which is in the 3rd gen. performance talk forum, it looks like this situation hopefully will be resolved soon. As for the 2nd gen., I should receive the programmer some time next week and I will definitely post my initial impressions and performance results with this tuner. I can't wait for it to arrive. I know one other 2nd generation individual who was also involved with this group buy, and hopefully he too, will post or give an update regarding the SCT tune after he receives it. Hope this helps.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
I've been having great success with the gen 2 folks. The issues were with '04+ 4.7's.

My latest feedback on an R/T Dak that I saw posted on another forum was this :

"Hemifever is definitely an excellent tuner. Gives great support. My truck went from not even turning the tires over off the line to smoking them almost all the way through 3rd. I did have torque management since my dakota is a 03. But it definitely runs alot better. Gas mileage has even went up. I have been driving it alot harder lately."

· Creature Of The Wheel
8,879 Posts
keep me updated on it bcdalton, i got a 318 (which I know wont improve as much as your 360)...but i wanna see what kinda gains u get. Im considering getting one someday maybe.

· Registered
340 Posts
JonRoc- I will definitely post my results after install. Very excited and can't for it to arrive.

Hemifever- Thanks for the positive comments regarding tuning success with the 2nd gen. Rams and posting the positive statement from a happy customer. This is good news for 2nd gen. Rams and this also gives me some sense of relief after keeping up with the 4.7 tuning thread. I know everything will work out just fine for the 4.7 guys. Everyone and SCT have been awesome with this situation. They have provided excellent customer service and demonstrated good business practice.

· Registered
98 Posts
I'll post up my results too eventually when I get my tunes. I have the tuner already but I need to get some wideband data off my truck and send it to Josh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.