DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after washing the durango a few times, I can see the previous owner (a friend) didnt watch the small branches too much when offroading. There are light scratches, not down to primer, up and won the sides of it. They are light, again, not deep. Probably just the clear.

Basically, what steps do I follow to remove these? Rubbing compound? Polishing compound? Buff? Its black paint if that helps.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
3M scratch remover (red bottle, removes 2000 grit size scratches), followed by a polishing compound then a glaze

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
make sure you use a porta-cable or random orbital buffer. It'll make a huge difference

·
Registered
120 Posts
Since we are on the subject of scratch removal. When i installed my Durango aluminum door sills i ended up scratching them up abit. Basically i had sand and rock on my shoes when i went to put pressure down on the sills so the 3M tape would stick. Is there anyway to remove some of the scratches or should i end up purchasing another pair. Any help would be great.
Joe

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
there's some metal buffing compound that works the same way as the 2000 grit sandpaper. You'll probably have to do the whole piece though so it all looks the same.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
picked up a few scratches myself last night :VHOT: I hate thiefs :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
What the.......... That's horrible, did they get away with anything? We'll have to open up a NC manhunt to put these perpetrators to justice.

It's sad that people have to mess with other people's vehicles because they are nice and are jealous of them.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
yea man...... They got my neighbor too. Opened his garage and stole some yard equipment. It could have been worse for me. *Note to self* park durango in the garage from now on. All they got was my wallet. Credit cards cancelled. Insurance guy coming monday.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
oh man, thats horrible rock. and to think i was up talking with you last night when that happened. that makes me sick.

·
Registered
185 Posts
that sucks man... hey rock, what afsc are ya? i saw that you are on pope

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
macfights said:
that sucks man... hey rock, what afsc are ya? i saw that you are on pope
2A571 currently working out of the QA office. Going back to the line next month C130's

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
cbrenn71 said:
oh man, thats horrible rock. and to think i was up talking with you last night when that happened. that makes me sick.
i thought the same thing. Makes me ill too. It can all be repaired. It just makes you mad :VHOT: on a brighter note is falls under comprehensive ($100 deductable) Hopefully it'll be back to normal by friday.

·
Registered
185 Posts
rockadaous said:
2A571 currently working out of the QA office. Going back to the line next month C130's

yeah... i'm a 2w271 working in qa up here at fe warren... but i am moving to kleine brogel, belgium in july... supposed to go be the assn't ncoic

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
that sounds like a sweet assignment

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
Rock - that's justification to keep those big Rots....let some snot nosed punk do that with a couple of hungry Rots around!

·
Registered
185 Posts
rockadaous said:
that sounds like a sweet assignment
yeah the COLA alone will make it that much easier to mod my D
:rck:

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
macfights-your right about that

kevin-I ended up having to give the rotts away. did you hear my heart just break.....

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Rock, that sucks. You still living on a base?

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
just moved off base. been in the new house for three weeks. then this....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.