Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Now that I've got the IAT Sensor I need to know what Scan Tool to get to clear the codes, my manual says that using a scan tool is the only way to clear codes, unless I have the STEALERSHIP (like that one) do it. I've go Digital Analyzer so once I've tested the darn thing and replaced it, if that's what it needs. I'll need a Scan Tool...not a bad idea to have one around anyway.

Any Suggestions would be of great value!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Remove the battery cable and cycle the key a few times or go to auto zone and get them to do the check engine light test and then ask them to clear it...

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
What's to clear? If the IAT fixed what was wrong, the light will go out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neil F., I'm going to replace my IAT Sensor, after I've checked the Ohmeter readings. If I do have to replace it, the manual says that just diagnosing (ohmeter) will cause a Code, so after I've replaced it the Code will need to be cleared and that is where the scanning tool comes in.

The manual says that a scanning tool is needed to clear the code.

Kapeish

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
I do believe that once codes pop up they dont disappear by themselves even if you fix the problem that caused the code to appear. I thought that the later Durangos 2000-2003 had the ability to clear codes, but I might be mistaken.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
you can go by autozone also and have them clear em for free

·
User
873 Posts
Unsure of the DC vehicles, but for GM vehicles, it typically takes a few "cycles" of the fixed problem before the light disappears.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Jewel - Just pull the negative cable, wait about 20-30 seconds & reattach. No more codes.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Simply pulling the negative cable will not clear the PCM. You have to pull the cable and turn the key to ON for the 20-30 seconds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.