DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NJ Truck Squad
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crazy:Hi folks got a ??? 4 u ...I put the 91,SC tune on my whip"But i put 89 octane in it .Is this OK or should it be over 91 and over ?.see hear we have 87,89,or 93....Could that 2'percent make a difference either way in power.:loud:Someone tell me something please.....

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Avoid detonation, detonation is not always audible so always run octane equal or higher to the tune. Forget the 2%+-. Go for the pump octane that matches the tune, your trucks health depends on it.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
what he said...or tune it down to 87 or add octane booster...

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
If your using 91 SCs tune, Use the 93 octane. Our pistons don't like detonation and SCs likes to make these engines detonate. The real problem is if you hear it detonate at wot it's usually to late the pistons broke, Usually.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yep, will look like this

Attachments

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
yeah i have seen way to many of them......run 93 octain all the time even with a stcok tune. and you will not have to worry about the detination

EDIT i know of 2 people in this thread that had broken pistons, and i was there both times they were discovered. i have a motor in my gerage that looks worse than than the one pictured out of my buddys truck. its a really common thing run any tune you want but run 93 OCT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.