DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running the air ram power wire and I am about to add superchips flashpaq do I need to remove the powerwire??

Would the two advance the timing to much??

Hope thats not a dee de dee question. :confused:

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
mines fine with both.. i say leave it..

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
Gonzo~Hemi said:
I am running the air ram power wire and I am about to add superchips flashpaq do I need to remove the powerwire??

Would the two advance the timing to much??
No they wont. From what I understand about the Flashpaq, it already advances the timing by eliminating the air intake temp sensor. The only difference by leaving the powerwire on with the Superchips, is that it "allegedly" makes the PCM add 2% more fuel at WOT.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Not necessarily dee de dee, but you're fine running both. There are unsubstantiated gains for running both. I've got both on mine.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Just dont forget if you run both only use 91 oct or higher, if you use the 87 setting.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
krs said:
Just dont forget if you run both only use 91 oct or higher, if you use the 87 setting.
wow... i just ordered the PW a week ago, i had never heard about only using 91 oct fuel.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
You can run the low octane fuel without ANY problems. You may see greater gains with the higher octane fuel but again it will run just fine with the lower grade fuel.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I'm running 91 octane, but only because I keep either the Performance or Towing programs uploaded (Performance for play, Towing for mileage).

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
You can run the low octane fuel without ANY problems. You may see greater gains with the higher octane fuel but again it will run just fine with the lower grade fuel.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Even with the pw and sc installed? I read on another thread a while back that you had to run 91 if running both the pw and sc.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
krs said:
I sed 89 wen I had both and running that tune.Truck rode well and no problems.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
ohhh ok, good to hear, specially from u air_ram. can't wait for my PW to get here, how much longer do u think it should take? i ordered this week, monday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.