DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have read that the sc causes the truck to bump the rev limiter, when having a small tire on there and a maxed shift point? Does this happen on everyone? OR should the question be asked who has it happened too?

Does it matter on the gears you have? Stock 3.92's here, I am just wondering, since I am picking up a set from a memeber here and dont wanna go to the track and have crap times from bumping the limiter, wanna know ahead of time so I can retune the shifts. If so where should it be set at? Does it happen on both the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts or just the 1-2? thanks for the input and info. Richard

·
Good Bye
1,170 Posts
Mine did it on the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. Just bring it to the track with you, test and tune.

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine did it on the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. Just bring it to the track with you, test and tune.
Our track is usually pretty busy. Some days you get lucky but most you get about 3-5 runs. When yours did it what did you have to set the shift points back too? stock? 5700 or so? both 1-2 and 2-3? Just lookin for a little info on it before I go in a week or 2

·
Good Bye
1,170 Posts
I think I set them around 5900. Just set them low and manual shift. I let mine shift 1-2 on its own because it was so slow it actually shifted at 6200-6300, then manually shifted 2-3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.